Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

ANother M38 steering assembly identification question
F134 engine fuel pump question
M38-YS637S Carb question
RT-70 & other radios... Stencilling
Willys Service Bulletins 1945-1951
P.C.V Baffle
Rubber washers on F134 valve cover by
Adding pictures to post
Early M38 light switch resistor value
Painting the Block

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Oil Guage Problem M38a1
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oil Guage Problem M38a1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silvercrown

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Oil Guage Problem M38a1 Reply with quote

Hi guys, my oil pressure gauge copper line on my m38a1 developed a crack just where it plugs into the back of the gauge. It was fine one sec and the gauge was partially filled with oil the next when I looked at the dash. When I took the gauge out the line separated. The pressure gauge still reads around 40lds of pressure and has not moved. I used the tool I made to get off the cover and glass and let the oil drain out. Cleaned all that I could get to without going further into the case. Its still reading pressure. Any idea what is going on with it? Will if function once pressure is back on or will I have to go further in as it blew something under the face? Thanks all.
MODIFIED

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your description of the gauge sounds like an aftermarket "hydraulic" gauge as the orig stock version has an oil sender (in either 60 psi or 120 psi) mounted on your engine block that operates the corresponding gauge within your dash cluster via wired current.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: