Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Willys Service Bulletins 1945-1951
P.C.V Baffle
Rubber washers on F134 valve cover by
Adding pictures to post
Early M38 light switch resistor value
Painting the Block
Fitting exhaust Manifold
M38 no start condition
Wanted: L-134 crankshaft
Looking for M38 seat cover pattern

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Tub off
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tub off

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Announcements, News, Humor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xamon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Tub off Reply with quote

Well making some good time on the tear down, lots of little labeled baggies on my work bench.

this is how she is now. tomorrow I need to move the tub into its winter home and maybe see about pulling the tran and trans. Should be easy enough one of the mounting bolts was about 10 turns from hand tight Shocked
Anything I should be wary of with the universals? or anything else to do with removing this for that matter?
RICKG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience was that i found the body work took far longer than the
mechanicals. I found myself wishing i had the body work done before
the rebuilt rolling chassis. It's tough looking at a chassis ready to
fire up when youve still got a pile of rusty sheet metal.

On the subject of the uni's be advised they need to be properly
oriented @ the yoke & splines when you put 'em back together.
Its discussed in detail somewhere here in the forums.
Xamon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand that. Of course mine won't be a rolling chassis much longer and even when it's back together I don't have an engine for it yet. one day at a time, one broken bolt at a time. seriously I broke all but 4 of the body mounting bolts, but then rule 2 of caveman tech applies. also, curious are the shims between the frame and body supposed to be some kind of rubber impregnated fabric? and while I am asking stuff, bubba moved the steering column over and hacked off the right side mount for it on the dash, is there a repair piece for this or am I gonna have to fab something?

yes I saw that bit about the proper alignment when you put them back. I was more worried about things that go sproing when you aren't looking.
Xamon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well progress.... I am down to a bare frame more or less. I can't get the bumperette off, it only has one bubba special one. But then the rear crossmember needs replacing anyways so it can come off with that. Need to move the lawn mower and roll my axles in the shed for the winter but thay hate me and only start for my wife. Still have to move the tub into the other shed as well, need a couple people for that though. Then I have to convince my wife that the frame has to go get sand blasted. At least the frame is supriseingly light.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Announcements, News, Humor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: