Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Gallery Request
R-110 , PRC-77, PRC-25 Radios
ANother M38 steering assembly identification question
F134 engine fuel pump question
M38-YS637S Carb question
RT-70 & other radios... Stencilling
Willys Service Bulletins 1945-1951
P.C.V Baffle
Rubber washers on F134 valve cover by
Adding pictures to post

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - M-38 Brake job.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M-38 Brake job.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redspec5

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:41 am    Post subject: M-38 Brake job. Reply with quote

I am new at this Forum if I am in the wrong place please set me on the right track.

!951 M-38 Braks. I am having an exteremly hard time reattaching the Brake retracting spring on the front wheels. Any suggestions

Ken
toojeeps

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a brake spring tool? It makes the job alot easier. They are available at most auto parts stores for around ten dollars. You can use a slender screwdriver to guide the spring end into the catch hole. Attach one end of the spring and slide the screwdriver under the other end of the spring. Place the bit end of the screwdriver in the hole and pry the handle up allowing the spring to slide down the screwdriver. Sometimes the end of the spring will slide right in. Other times a pair of needlenose pliers can be used to rotate the end of the sping into the hole. Hope this helps.
Redspec5

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help..I was at least trying it correctly. Finaly got it on. I didnt remember it being that hard 40 years ago when I did my last one!!

Ken
toojeeps

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never needed a brake spring tool until I started collecting the older jeeps Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: