Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

M38-YS637S Carb question
RT-70 & other radios... Stencilling
Willys Service Bulletins 1945-1951
P.C.V Baffle
Rubber washers on F134 valve cover by
Adding pictures to post
Early M38 light switch resistor value
Painting the Block
Fitting exhaust Manifold
M38 no start condition

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Radio M170
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Radio M170

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rdsar2k

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject: Radio M170 Reply with quote

Recently there was a M170 on ebay that had a late serial number (possibly the latest M170 built) and late engine setup. It had wrong seats, windshield, tailgate, top bows with very little of the radio body mods in it. No radio equipment and no ambulance gear. Altenator vs generator. No cooler in front of the radiator and in need of a resto. The bidding stopped at 5500 or close to that but did not sell as the reserve was not met. It struck me as odd that it would command that high a price with all the wrong/missing parts and no title.
Did anyone see it?
I bought one of my M170's on ebay and it had ALL of the ambulance stuff with spare drivers seat and spare lower racks for 2500 with title though it looked rougher. Are radio versions driving that high a price even without the radio equipment?
2008 Rubicon Unlimited MyGig
MODIFIED

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

location, location, location .
I've seen quite a few M170's reveal high bids these past few months. both on ebay and c/l.

also the stigma of it being an ord of USMC makes it desirable to some as those are infrequent finds.

Did you notice it had a PTO? If this M170 indeed possesses the Ramsey 105a, original front and rear axles with Mil installed "Power-Loc" , I can understand the interest.

As infrequent the M170 is to find complete, the Marine Radio version is an even tougher find.
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. I try not to place any serious meaning on any Ebay bid figures. Sometimes the bids are within reason and sometimes the biddng erupts in a war between two brain dead nincompoops with too much money, no brains and uncontrollable tempers. Wink

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
MODIFIED

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wesk wrote:
No. I try not to place any serious meaning on any Ebay bid figures. Sometimes the bids are within reason and sometimes the biddng erupts in a war between two brain dead nincompoops with too much money, no brains and uncontrollable tempers. Wink

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I yield to your theory Wes.

I wouldn't be surprised if it sold for $90,000.00 had it been offered with the 50 cal. Twisted Evil
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or $120,000 with TWIN FIFTIES Laughing

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
RICKG

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE PRICE WOULD GO NUCLEAR WITH A DAVEY CROCKETT Laughing
RICKG

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wesk wrote:

I DONT GET IT WES, THE TOO MUCH MONEY PART THAT IS..
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

too much money = bulging pockets and unlimited budgets people

Now there's nothing wrong with being independantly wealthy or rich but most folks in that category got there from being smart. But there remain a small percentage that were dumb and still got there with a silver spoon usually and they are the crazies at an auction. A crazy at an auction will bid on an item he knows cost $2,000 delivered to his door brand new and continue to bid because he refuses to let anyone outbid him until he proves he is the craziest bidder that day and wins the @2000 toy for a mere $4000. Laughing

Now come the auction idiots who now see that the $2000 dollar toy sells fro $4000 and they immediately list their $2000 toy at that auction for a starting bid of $4000 and wait for the proverbial fish to bite! Laughing

RICKG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just a workin class guy- I guess i'll never have to worry
about the "too much money disease", although i've been
diagnosed with "willys m syndrome" for which there is
no known cure. Wink
rdsar2k

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject: Toys & Money Reply with quote

I would just like to be the guy who has a bidding war go on for one of his toys for sale.
My stuff always gets the frugal guy who nit picks and under offers then acts like he did me a favor taking it off my hands.
rdsar2k

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:05 am    Post subject: M170 Parts Reply with quote

Guys be easy on me now. I know I have had business with alot of people on here and I understand we have to haggle. A lot of people have really helped me out and sometimes I have been humbled by the effort to get a part for me and how little asked. I'll crawl back in my hole. Meant no offence.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: