Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Gallery Request
R-110 , PRC-77, PRC-25 Radios
ANother M38 steering assembly identification question
F134 engine fuel pump question
M38-YS637S Carb question
RT-70 & other radios... Stencilling
Willys Service Bulletins 1945-1951
P.C.V Baffle
Rubber washers on F134 valve cover by
Adding pictures to post

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Will a Rasmsey 8,000 lb PTO winch
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will a Rasmsey 8,000 lb PTO winch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deadguy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Will a Rasmsey 8,000 lb PTO winch Reply with quote

from a 1962 International Scout, work with a M38A1? I don't know any other info on the winch
MODIFIED

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Will a Rasmsey 8,000 lb PTO winch Reply with quote

Deadguy wrote:
from a 1962 International Scout, work with a M38A1? I don't know any other info on the winch

uh, last I checked, this was a Willys forum, I think you should dig for more details from your purported source of this winch you seek. Ramsey has (and presently) produced several variants at a rating of 8000# both in Power take-off (PTO) and electrical. I suggest you broadcast your query to any of the IH scout sites toward defining compatible dimensions and operational fitment .
MODIFIED

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simple google search offered info:

both shared same transfer case spicer 18 period of 1941-1979

http://www.bing.com/search?q=scout+dana+18&form=APMCS1

this is obviously a question of compatibility towards a PTO driven Ramsey set up.
Deadguy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is a JEEP forum, that is why I am asking if anyone knows if a Ramsey 8,000lb PTO winch for a 1962 scout will fit my M38A1. Last I checked, M38A1s fall within the range of vehicles discussed on this forum. The PTO winch is up for sale on Ebay, with no other info, and I was hoping someone with extensive knowledge of the vehicles of that era, like Wes, would have some input.
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Modified's intention was to point out that since the majority of folks here are Willys/Kaiser folks that few if any will be able to quote IH specs and dimensions. My experience has been that folks really into IH have no love for Willys/Kaiser and often the vice/versa is applicable. I have never been a fan of IH because the pickups and scouts have those rediculous high sided doors and archaic styling even for the late 50's.

What you need is someone with an M38A1 who has already taken a Ramsey 8M winch from a Scout and fitted it to his A1. That's gonna be a slim chance. So the best bet befor the auction ends is get the model number for the winch and go to the Ramsey web site and download it's installation drawing which will usually include dimensions. Or ask the seller for the dimensions of the winch and which side it is driven from.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
MODIFIED

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the liberty to contact a seller on ebay that matches your initial query on this thread. (Assuming you did the same or not Confused )

Quote:
Hi - Winch - Model 200L 8000 Cap. Ser# 45968 PTO Mod # DT1-S (probably PT-1, not DT1) Winch approx. 20x8x8 inches. Thanks!

given this info I measured the opening span of my scout, er willys Idea) Frame X grill/ bumper) 25-5/8" X 9-1/4"

further research:
http://www.willystech.com/faqs/Breakout/OverdrivesPTOsWenches.html
http://www.earlycj5.com/forums/showthread.php?19359-PTO-winch
http://www.earlycj5.com/forums/showthread.php?90707-winch-help-needed-for-ramsey-pto

Deleted by moderator
Your answers can be found, though a little effort before fielding questions can be quite satisfying.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: