Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Willys Service Bulletins 1945-1951
P.C.V Baffle
Rubber washers on F134 valve cover by
Adding pictures to post
Early M38 light switch resistor value
Painting the Block
Fitting exhaust Manifold
M38 no start condition
Wanted: L-134 crankshaft
Looking for M38 seat cover pattern

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Update: My little summer project
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Update: My little summer project

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Announcements, News, Humor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbjeeps

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject: Update: My little summer project Reply with quote

As I mentioned in a previous thread, since early June I've been working on 4 old deuce and half trucks for our son-in-law. He's asked me to see if I can get them going so he could use them on the farm. They've been on the family farm for years, his dad and grandfather used them. They've been sitting for 25 - 30 years. As you probably already know, I'm not the most knowledgeable wrench turner around, so this has been a fun and challenging project.

The trucks are: (two) 1954 GMC M220 chassis converted to farm use, (one) M135 chassis (year?) converted by Boyce of Utah for farm use, (one) 1966 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Multifuel converted (by Boyce?) for farm use.

I have three threads going about the trucks on Steel Soldiers. My user name is targhee trucks, so if you're interested in reading the stories about them you can search for my threads there.

Here are a couple of videos on the M35A2 Multifuel (yeah, it's a Jeep!). The first video shows the trees that had grown up around the truck since the mid-1980's when it was parked. The second video shows me driving it out of the trees after I was able to get it running again a few days ago.

Video #1

http://youtu.be/z5rS9Zk0IRE

Video #2

http://youtu.be/jJUMBo3xLL4

See you at the Old Jeep Rendezvous in Ashton, Idaho 9:00 am - Noon on the first Saturday after July 4th. All pre-1970 Jeep vehicles, military or civilian, stock or modified welcome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Announcements, News, Humor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: