Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Speaking of pilot M38s
Willys M38 dash pannel clips
WTB Early M38 fuel gauge
Tires.....
DY-88 power cable, CX-2031
M 151 tire rims with original tires (1960) magnisum rims
Huge Military Vehicle Auction
16x5-inch Steel Wheels
45' Willys MB
Wanted Navy M38

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - M38 gauges
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M38 gauges

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
regor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: M38 gauges Reply with quote

I'm new to this website and have been looking for an answer to an issue I have with my gauges. I had been posting at Yahoo. Wes had suggested I look to the numbered electrical here at Willys M, which I have done as well as copied the colored schematic. My question still, because I did not find the answer at the numbered electrical list, is which side of the gauge the voltage is attached and which side the sender connection is made. There may be a simple answer to this, however; it continues to eludes me. thanks!

regor
52M38 #65578
46CJ2A #13241
kenperkins

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tm9-8012, page 222 should answer your queston
'51 M38 #22936,
'51 M100 Dunbar
'53 M100 Dunbar
M416b1
2- M762
MVPA #11788
MVCC LIFER
regor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Perkins, this reply is to thank you for your help in finding where the cluster gauge wires attach. I will tell you that for this 78 yr. old, using a magnifying glass to see the wiring number pages, which are really small and correlating the information from TM 9-8012 page 222 to define the proper locations wasn't easy. But you probably know that the impossible takes a little while longer. Rolling Eyes I will now know that the wiring is correct in my quest to get my gauges working. Amp meter and oil are functioning. Fuel is hitting the peg and water is still a wonder. thanks again.
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using the military gauge troubleshooting guide at:
http://www.cj3a.info/sibling/milgauge/milgage.htm

Did you not use my instrument cluster photo in my album that I refr=erred you too?

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
regor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wesk, thank you for posting the pictures of the instruments. I had trouble seeing the smaller pictures at TM 9-8012, page 222. Your post makes it much more discernible. Forgive me, but; I hadn't been able to find help (my ignorance, obviously) at the links that you had provided previously. I had problems opening the TM that Mr. Perkins recommended, but; after much looking I finally was able to get to the TM above and as mentioned, with my magnifying glass I was able to discern on which connections the power and senders were to be attached. But now; Sad with your post maybe the connections shown are incorrect for the water temp. gauge?? I would point out that the power (27) attaches to the nearest to center of the cluster on oil and fuel. Obviously not a tech. answer but curious. How can we decide the proper placement for the water temp. connections? Thanks!

regor
52M38 #65578
46CJ2A #13241
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The photo, as I anotated, is incorrect for the water temp gauge. The power in wire #27 goes to the viewer's right. An easy way to remember which plug goes where is the three gauges are constructed the same and for all three the big receptacle on the right in the photo is for power in from #27 and the small receptacle on the gauge is for power out to the sender.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
regor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very informative, thank you for that correction and your assistance.
Another issue if I may. How do I make a post which includes my name and my vehicles without typing each time as I have been doing? thanks!

regor
52M38 #65578
46CJ2A #13241
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open your profile web page and you will find a block for adding your signature automatically.

Your profile link Icon is in the second row of icons at the top of the page.

Quote:

Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Profile No new messages Log out [ wesk ]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: