Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Compression testing results.
Rear brake cyclinder compatability
T90 inspection before action?
M38 Radio Power Cable/Connector
Wanted to buy - C-375/VRC
Battery cut off in motor compartment?
Cross Member Radiator Tabs
WTB M38 distributor breaker plate tabs
Hodakaguy M38 Misc Thread
1950 M38 no reading on the dash amp meter

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - M38a1 turn signals
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M38a1 turn signals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shug4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:01 pm    Post subject: M38a1 turn signals Reply with quote

Has anyone ever changed the rear light on driverside so it could take a two filament bulb instead of a one filament bulb?
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The simplist method is to buy another left side tail light assembly and install it on the right side. Add the service brake light wire from the left side by splicing into it. Most folks trying to hook up turn signals use this route. Going this route gives you a red service lamp lens on both sides.

You should visit my Photo Album, specifically the "Turn Signals" sub-album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=album41&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
Shug4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already did that Wes. I put both tail lights the same so I could have brake and running lights on both sides. I bought a turn signal kit but my wires aren't made to take the harness on the turn signal. I was going to try to put in a two filament bulb for the brake and turn signal instead of adding another light to the back. Trying to keep it original looking.
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding the other light to the back was for the military turn signal kits that left the stock right tail lamp in place. If you have, as you said, installed a stock left tail light assembly in both sides you have the correct lamp sockets you need for both civvy and military turn signal setups. To offer you quality guidance on wiring you must supply us with the wiring diagram that came with your civvy turn signal switch and the switch's model number.

This is the correct way to wire in the new lt hand tail light on the right side.

Here is one of the more popular Signal-Stat civvy turn signal kits.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
Shug4

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the other turn signal kit. Do you have any pictures of the extra light installed on any m38a1s?
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The other turn signal kit" doesn't help me help you. Post the kit model/make you have and if it came with one, the wiring diagram for your switch. If you already reviewed my photo albums then you have already seen the extra lamp installed on an M38A1. Hint in the one of the military turn signal kit instructions sub-album!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: