Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

M38 Radio Power Cable/Connector
Wanted to buy - C-375/VRC
Battery cut off in motor compartment?
Cross Member Radiator Tabs
WTB M38 distributor breaker plate tabs
Hodakaguy M38 Misc Thread
1950 M38 no reading on the dash amp meter
Transfer Case rebuild issues
Zerks causing trouble.
1952 M38 converting to 12V

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Title
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Title

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Announcements, News, Humor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
12B

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Title Reply with quote

So I go to title my 1952 M38 at my local BMV. . . Clearly indicated on the application for certificate of title is the vehicle model: "M38," since that is the information I supplied them. By the by, it is clearly written in very bold ink at the bottom that "applicant is responsible for accuracy of information."
Well, when the actual title appears in the mail from downstate, guess what. . . Some smart guy decided to call it an M38A1! Don't know if this would ever cause me a problem, but it sure aggravates me. 99% sure they would make me pay all over again for their mistake. Think I'll have to live with it.
OKCM38CDN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not know how it works in your state, but here in Oklahoma if they mess it up they pay for it... My original title was from Canada and listed M-38. When the new title came in it listed jeep, I pointed out the error and hey fixed it at no cost...

Ask them to see if that is what you can do...
1952 M-100 Strick #104
1951 Willys Wagon (For Sale)
1954 Willys M38A1 201001205
Tornado Alley
Del City, OK
jimm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would make them fix it now (if possible - yeah, I know, it's the DMV . . .), because who knows what problems it might create for you or someone else down the road.
BullRun

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote get it fixed now too. DMV once put the wrong county on one of my titles and I had to pay taxes in another county for about 5 years before the title got cleaned up.

If you ever sell the jeep it might look like fraud to someone less familiar with old car titles where this sort of thing is actually very common.
fireman172

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a new member and a owner of my first M38A1. I am just getting started and the first thing I did was work on changing the title. The jeep was first titled in 1962 in Indiana, they, not knowing, did what most BMVs do. They titled it in the year it was first titled in the civilian world, they also assigned it a vin number and model number randomly. Since I purchased it in Florida, Fl. would not have anything to do with changing the title. The frendly people in Indiana, Supervisor of the BMV, sent me the proper forms. Three forms, pictures, sworn affidavids from law enforcement, the original title, statement from previous owner, copies of web pages (from guys like you) and a fee. That is what it took me to get my jeep titled with her original birthday, Vin. number and proper name. So, YES, do it as soon as possible, even Indiana said they would do the change free of charge if it was their fault, but at any price it was worth it to me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Announcements, News, Humor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: