Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

M38 Radio Power Cable/Connector
Wanted to buy - C-375/VRC
Battery cut off in motor compartment?
Cross Member Radiator Tabs
WTB M38 distributor breaker plate tabs
Hodakaguy M38 Misc Thread
1950 M38 no reading on the dash amp meter
Transfer Case rebuild issues
Zerks causing trouble.
1952 M38 converting to 12V

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - NOS wiper motors
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NOS wiper motors
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bretto

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: NOS wiper motors Reply with quote

Found a guy that has a few of these for $39 each. He said they would work for a M38. What do you guys say? Seems like a good buy.

hillbilly21

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: WIPERS Reply with quote

THEY ARE FOR A M151...YOU WILL HAVE TOO RE-DRILL THE WINDOW FRAME FOR THE SCREWS & MAIN SHAFT TO FIT..JUST A TAD BIGGER..IF YOUR NOT INTO ORIGINALITY THEY WILL WORK FOR YOU Wink
swat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Wiper Motors Reply with quote

The knurled knob on the shaft that holds the wiper arm is a press on fit and can be rather easily removed so you wont have to enlarge the shaft hole in the windshield. I have two of them on my 1952 M38. Original M38 wiper motors are hard to find, and usually will take a lot of work to get them functional.
Bretto

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you have 2 of these M151 motors on yours? What about the mounting holes like hillbilly21 mentioned, are they off from the original holes?
swat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: wiper motor holes Reply with quote

The mounting holes on the new motors matched right up. Tomorrow, when I go down to my garage, I will get the numbers off the motors and see if they are the exact that you have. To Dark and Cold to go out tonight. These new motors are so cheap, it is worth putting them on until you can get originals, or have yours overhauled.
swat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject: Replacement wiper motors Reply with quote

The label on the original box for the motors read as follows: 254000678134D FSCM 60703 MFR P/N SK527-16 MOTOR, WINDSHIELD WIPER 1 EA DLA700-84-C-2648 C - 11/84. Good luck with your M38.
jonknownothin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a pair for my 53 m38a1. the fit seems great after pulling that silver do-hicky off the end. I haven't been able to test them yet because i don't have a vacuum pump. What have you guys done with the vacuum return fitting on these new motors?
Kendall

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: M151 wiper motors Reply with quote

Hi,
I just installed a pair of the M151 wiper motors on my M38. Real easy to do with just slight modification. Since the arm is longer on this one than on the original M38 motor I switched the plate (item F from page 326 of ORD 9 SNL G-740) from my M38 motors to the M151 motors (a hacksaw would accomplish the same thing) and then cut the paddle shaft (N) to correct length. I had to grind the diameter slightly on the end and then used a die (10-32 NF) to put threads on the shaft for the nut.
I hooked them up this afternoon and have never seen vacuum wiper motors work so well.
Good luck,
Kendall
toojeeps

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the same thing Kendall did. They seem to work fine. I measured the shaft length on my old motor and cut the new ones to the same length.
ocwd

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Pictures Reply with quote

I have a nice set of M151 wiper motors and a whole stack of rotten M38 motors. I may try the M151 motors but we will see. One of you guys should post some pictures of the M151 motors in your M38. M151 motors are commonly found on Ebay for pretty cheap.
ocwd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: Wiper Motors Reply with quote

Check this out. Someone offer $20 and see what happens. I offered $25 for a pair and the offer was accepted.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140513227092&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT
Cacti_Ken

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the wiper arms on the M151 motor are better spring loaded for pushing the blade against the glass better than the M38 wiper arms and blades do.
I don't think the M38 arms have a spring in them or do they?
Mine don't press up against the windshield very well. And I have yet to find a good set of blades where the rubber is flat and true.
millertime

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can somebody post a few pics of how they made these m151 wiper motors work? does anyone know if the inner parts are the same as the m38 motors? i just got a pair of nos m151s and dont want to mess them up. thanks, Lowell
chuck

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked the Saturn Surplus web site and these motors are listed for $18.50 if anyone is interested.
chuck

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a little more checking,and it looks like a M715 wiper motor would work, shaft length and threads are the same.The only difference is that the manual lever is opposite the M38.
This motor is listed for $22.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: