Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

M38 Radio Power Cable/Connector
Wanted to buy - C-375/VRC
Battery cut off in motor compartment?
Cross Member Radiator Tabs
WTB M38 distributor breaker plate tabs
Hodakaguy M38 Misc Thread
1950 M38 no reading on the dash amp meter
Transfer Case rebuild issues
Zerks causing trouble.
1952 M38 converting to 12V

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Where to get parts for T90 transmission?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where to get parts for T90 transmission?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duke113p

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Where to get parts for T90 transmission? Reply with quote

I am in need of some parts for my broken T90 transmission. Who do you guys recommend as a good source for parts? Thanks in advance!
Bretto

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean by broke?
Duke113p

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: broke Reply with quote

Stuck in Second, pulled the top cover, brass shavings and a busted gear broke. None functioning kind of broke. So I need to buy some parts for it.
hillbilly21

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:23 am    Post subject: 90 Reply with quote

Where you located ??

Last edited by hillbilly21 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:54 am; edited 1 time in total
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest you start at point A and move forward cautiously.

A-download this "How to" http://www.willystech.com/wt/T90RebuildGuide/T90rebuild.htm

B-Make sure you have the TM's 9-8014, 9-8015-1, and 9-8015-2 on the work bench as well as ORD 9 SNL G-758.

C-Check for any loose bell housing to block bolts and tranny to bell bolts and transfer to tranny bolts. Then remove and disassemble the tranny and inspect components per the manuals and the How To guide.

D-Failures generally have a root cause which is not always within the failed unit. Any loose bolts found in the beginning of step C could cause the failure. A worn pilot bushing in the flywheel can cause the failure. Low oil levels can cause the failur. So be alert to the sorrounding equipment condition.

E-Determine your part needs and then start shopping.

D-This is the opportune time to inspect and repair as needed the clutch and transfer and drive shafts.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
Duke113p

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: rgr that Reply with quote

OK, Already got the guide downloaded and printed on Saturday. I am going to replace all parts since there is pitting on most of the gears that I can see top side, I can only assume the worst down farther. But yes, I am planning on redoing everything since I will have it all pulled out.

Never enough time to do it right... always plenty of time to do it again.... well not this grunt.

I am going to do it right the first time... too many life lessons learned the hard way.

Anyways, so who has the parts for these T90s and who would you recommend?
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vendor stock levels are very dynamic. You want to shop the regular vendor sources and ask for NOS Factory/OEM or US built parts. Then sort the best prices of guaranteed correct parts and buy there. Novak seems to have most of what you need. Bearings can be tough since even Timken has an off shore builder that ships and markets under the Timken name.

Relying solely on one guys luck with a certain vendor 4 years ago will not prove the best choice.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: