Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Battery cut off in motor compartment?
Cross Member Radiator Tabs
WTB M38 distributor breaker plate tabs
Hodakaguy M38 Misc Thread
1950 M38 no reading on the dash amp meter
Transfer Case rebuild issues
Zerks causing trouble.
1952 M38 converting to 12V
M38A1 Slave Bucket location
M274 A3 Mule For Sale

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - M38 front floor on Ebay
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M38 front floor on Ebay

View previous topic :: View next topic  
evanso1975

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: M38 front floor on Ebay Reply with quote

NOS M38 front floor, firewall, transmission hump & hat channels on ebay: just search for M38 front floor.

Not cheap, but might be of use to someone out there......
pickle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you post the address or post, please? I cannot find it on when I search for it. thanks.
Bretto

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"M38 front floor"

$800 Shocked

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/M38-NOS-G740-7697529-FRONT-FLOOR-BOARD-W-HAT-CHANNELS-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2eb4d00e09QQitemZ200602029577QQptZVintageQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
Scrounger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: The real deal! Reply with quote

A buddy of mine and I bought a couple of these floor pans a few years back. There is a fella in Donaldsonville that has 3 huge warehouses full of M38 jeeps and NOS parts. At one time he claimed to have over 300 jeeps under roof. I personally saw what had to be at least 40 or 50. The mother load of M38 stuff. I'm glad to see he's making some of it available. Hopefully he'll put up some other stuff. Maybe those complete Ramsey 50 Kits in the crate.
BullRun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would save a lot of labor but not cheap.

I know a guy who bought out a surplus warehouse in the southeast from an elderly friend. The volume of parts he figures is enough for him to live off the sales for the rest of his life. Something like 100,000 sq ft. of parts.

There is a warehouse in Denmark that has like 400 MB's and GPW's stored floor to 20' ceiling (I saw a picture of it) that have been acquired over the years due a law about the recovery of WWll battlefield assets and their disposal and archiving. They do not sell them unfortunately for collectors.

There is a book by the Army Quartermaster that was the official account of manufacturing production during World War 2. The volume and rate of production has never been matched again as was occuring in 1944-45 in American factories. Thank God!

I read somewhere that in the Cold War period a vehicle had to have a 25 year supply chain of parts availability as part of projected worst case planning by the military. That is one reason there still are these warehouses full of parts.

There is a lot of stuff out there! Even today!
pickle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for posting it. for whatever reason, Ebay will not complete the search to include this post in Canada.

It seems pricey, but if you look at the reproduction floors that include the transmission cover, it is in that ball park.
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen them sell in the $500 range 2 or 3 years ago. The important point is they fit correctly.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> For Sale All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: