Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

M38 Radio Power Cable/Connector
Wanted to buy - C-375/VRC
Battery cut off in motor compartment?
Cross Member Radiator Tabs
WTB M38 distributor breaker plate tabs
Hodakaguy M38 Misc Thread
1950 M38 no reading on the dash amp meter
Transfer Case rebuild issues
Zerks causing trouble.
1952 M38 converting to 12V

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Another use for your jeep
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another use for your jeep

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Announcements, News, Humor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mckim

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: Another use for your jeep Reply with quote

If you've ever decided that your military jeep, despite being a multi-purpose vehicle, still doesn't do enough for you, I found the solution. This works especially well for those non-operational projects that are sitting around waiting for attention.

The solution: open a rat breeding house!

And yes, those pink things behind the big rat are two baby rats... She gathered up some stuffing from what looks like a pillow (hopefully not from another old vehicle in the driveway Shocked), made a comfy nest between a wooden toolbox and the tailgate, and was raising her young.

Who knew rodent extermination was part of the old vehicle restoration hobby?
Balvar24

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky. All I find are wasps.

Last edited by Balvar24 on Fri May 06, 2011 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
RICKG

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like an episode of "RAT PATROL". Laughing
maxEmilian

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem. Mice used all my paper seals for house building under the hood, just underneath the carb and ruined my rubber oil seals, too!
But your rat looks like a pretty mama. Did you kill here or had her leave for another apartment?
JAM

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny, but it seems that not only are elected military jeep for some animals to raise their puppies.
In my civilian jeep G.CH. I found this. Shocked

Parked the car in the garage of my house and heard meowing ... without knowing where they came from.
Later in the parking lot of my work again listened to ...
This was for two days
-I'll be going crazy? Confused

I decided to pay more attention to see where ...., came to discover I remembered seeing a pregnant cat in the vicinity of the factory.
I do not think she gave birth there, but at some point moved to protect them, and came and disappeared ..
mckim

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxEmilian wrote:
But your rat looks like a pretty mama. Did you kill here or had her leave for another apartment?

We killed 'em. It appears the same rat made a nest in the engine compartment of my mom's car as well. No sense waiting for them to destroy something...
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can cost you a pretty bundle on a modern car when they start chewing into that elaborate computer controlled harness under the hood. Wink

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
DJ

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We brought a Jeep pickup home last summer and were unloading it off the trailer. My son opened the drivers door ,reached down to take it out of gear and a snake slithered across the seat. I didn't know he could move so far so fast!!
whydahdvr

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last Summer I was in New Mexico with my Dad working on an antique car we have out there, a 1964 Apollo. It hadn't been touched since I had been there in 2006. Inside the engine compart I found a mix of desicated field mice/pack rats. In the trunk under the tire there was a stinkier and juicier batch. I was there three weeks and never did quite get the smell out fo the trunk. We have traps, sticky pads, and snakes all of the place out there but they still get in.
RimfireJim

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wesk wrote:
They can cost you a pretty bundle on a modern car when they start chewing into that elaborate computer controlled harness under the hood. Wink

We've come close to that, but escaped with only a damaged plug wire on my F-150 in the same driveway a few years ago. That one didn't surprise me too much as the truck hadn't been in daily use at the time, but nesting in the Subaru ("mom's car") was a surprise because that car gets used almost every day. In both cases there were oak acorn shells in the nooks and crannies of the intake manifolds on top the engines. We have a lot of coast live oaks around the yard, which look nice but don't help in the rodent department. I wonder if putting a camphor (moth) ball or two on top the engine would help ward off the rats?
-"mckim's" dad and mama rat murderer
whydahdvr

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we close up the family summer house we use a lot of moth balls, moth ball flakes, etc to help keep the critters and bugs out. The more we put down the better the results, but they still get in somewhere. Screens would help to cover ingress points and lots of those moth balls help, but they still find ways around if they really want to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Announcements, News, Humor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: