Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

1950 M38 no reading on the dash amp meter
Transfer Case rebuild issues
Zerks causing trouble.
1952 M38 converting to 12V
M38A1 Slave Bucket location
M274 A3 Mule For Sale
flywheel advice
conversion from a 12 volt system back to a 24 volt system
M151 A2 + M416 Trailer For Sale
M38 ignition points condensor

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Our new Bantam civilian trailer
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Our new Bantam civilian trailer
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> M100 & other 1/4 T trailers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Balvar24

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wesk wrote:
Harbor freight is ok for non-structural critical items but I know that $20 unit will be the old "Made in China Buffalo unit" and not what I want holding on to a half ton of rolling metal behind my jeep on the highway.

Good point.

I think most of the combo units are Chineese made. Everyone has to decide for themselves what piece of equipment will best fit his/her needs. The Harbor Freight unit was discontinued, hence the lower price. Regular price was comparable to many other domestic brands outsourced in other countries (Reese, etc.). It will do what I need. I don't plan to approach its maximum rated capacity.

How does the Bantam hitch height compare to an M series? My M-series is so High above my tow vehicle hitch that I had to have pretty good offset to use it. So high, infact that the ball portion of the combo unit is of no use to me. An alternative to the Combo is a true pintle (think milsurp) that can be had for less than the combo units.
jbjeeps

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balvar24 wrote:
How does the Bantam hitch height compare to an M series?

Go to the Trailer Tech forum on Early CJ5 site. I've posted some additional pics there that show the hitch height and also the pintel stinger that came with the trailer.

See you at the Old Jeep Rendezvous in Ashton, Idaho 9:00 am - Noon on the first Saturday after July 4th. All pre-1970 Jeep vehicles, military or civilian, stock or modified welcome.
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bantam T3-C (civvy) trailer came with 6.00-16 tires and was about an inch lower than M series jeeps which had 7.00-16 tires. Put 7.00-16 tires on the T3-C and she'll sit at the same height as M series.

When using the correct civvy drawbar on a civvy CJ the trailer will ride a bit nose down even with the drawbar triangle adapter in the up position.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
jefbelgium

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tires in your original photos are from an airplane I think. I hope you're not planning on driving it that fast...

Jef
jbjeeps

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jefbelgium wrote:
The tires in your original photos are from an airplane I think. I hope you're not planning on driving it that fast...

Jef

Nope, no high speed driving. But, I've always wanted to build a kit plane. So maybe now I've got the wheels and tires! Anybody out there ever put wings on a Bantam? Cool

See you at the Old Jeep Rendezvous in Ashton, Idaho 9:00 am - Noon on the first Saturday after July 4th. All pre-1970 Jeep vehicles, military or civilian, stock or modified welcome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> M100 & other 1/4 T trailers All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: