Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Wiper motor...which is the correct one?
Lead additive, one more question.
M31C mount with or without replica weapon
Backfire and Hesitation
Wanted: Steering column and shaft for M38-1952, or late CJ2A
2024 CT. MILITARY VEHICLE SHOW AND FLEA MARKET- JUNE 15,2024
Brake Line
How to link full size photos in posts
Clutch release bearing support cast tab for return spring
T90 case replacement required?

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - MBT or M100 landing leg?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MBT or M100 landing leg?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> M100 & other 1/4 T trailers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbjeeps

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:13 am    Post subject: MBT or M100 landing leg? Reply with quote

I just read this on the 1/4 ton Trailer page:

"Landing Legs:
MBT landing leg has 3 positions (3 holes). There was a 1/2 way up position for deep mud use to help support weight of trailer in deep mud conditions.
M100 and M416 only had 2 positions for landing leg - up or down."

I had been thinking that the lunette on our new civilian Bantam was probably from an M100 because I had read that the WWII lunettes were smaller than later versions and ours looks larger than some I had seen on Bantam military trailers.

But, mine has 3 holes. Does that mean it is definitely from an MBT, or were there exceptions to this rule?

The hooks on mine are flat and have the letters "TH" stamped into the sides.

I'd like to know so that if I do decide to trade it off for a civilian hitch I can represent it correctly.

See you at the Old Jeep Rendezvous in Ashton, Idaho 9:00 am - Noon on the first Saturday after July 4th. All pre-1970 Jeep vehicles, military or civilian, stock or modified welcome.
sasquach

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda late on the response but...I have an M100 leg casting with three positions, thing is the center hole was added. The factory holes are nicely chamfered so look for a difference there, my added hole was drilled and not chamfered and pretty obvious.
jbjeeps

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply. I just looked at mine. All 3 holes look the same: clean cut edges, no chamfering.

See you at the Old Jeep Rendezvous in Ashton, Idaho 9:00 am - Noon on the first Saturday after July 4th. All pre-1970 Jeep vehicles, military or civilian, stock or modified welcome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> M100 & other 1/4 T trailers All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: