Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

M38 Radio Power Cable/Connector
Wanted to buy - C-375/VRC
Battery cut off in motor compartment?
Cross Member Radiator Tabs
WTB M38 distributor breaker plate tabs
Hodakaguy M38 Misc Thread
1950 M38 no reading on the dash amp meter
Transfer Case rebuild issues
Zerks causing trouble.
1952 M38 converting to 12V

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - M 38 ARTIC TOP NICE !! SOLD -----
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M 38 ARTIC TOP NICE !! SOLD -----

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hillbilly21

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: M 38 ARTIC TOP NICE !! SOLD ----- Reply with quote

WOULD LIKE TO GET $ 300.00 FOR IT EITHER PICKED UP OR YOU MAKE THE ARRANGEMENTS FOR SHIPPING.... ALSO GOT SOME OTHER M 38 STUFF FOR SALE ON THE PHOTO LISTED BUT INTRESTED IN SELLING TOP AT THE MOMENT ...HERE IS A LINK

http://hillbillystoys.phanfare.com/5697396#imageID=166116528

LOCATED NEAR 27502 IN NC ......

FORGOT TO MENTION IT COMES WITH ANOTHER WINDO FRAME AND ITS IN EXCELLANT CONDITION

Last edited by hillbilly21 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
hillbilly21

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: TOP Reply with quote

NO OFFERS ????????? TRADES ????????
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selling large, bulky, expensive to ship, Arctic items in the Southern climates has always been tough. If you have a planned trip to the northern states in the near future post that as a possible "Can deliver" date. That would help sell the item. Or if you plan on attending any MV/jeep events in the northern states make mention of that as well.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
hillbilly21

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: TOP Reply with quote

AGREED WES....

I AM IN ALL LOWER 48 STATES TRAVELING NOW ...TROUBLE IS CANT BRING IT WITH ME OR I WOULD MEET ANYWHERE WHEN TIME ALLOWS.... Wink
FrankenJeep

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wesk wrote:
Selling large, bulky, expensive to ship, Arctic items in the Southern climates has always been tough. If you have a planned trip to the northern states in the near future post that as a possible "Can deliver" date. That would help sell the item. Or if you plan on attending any MV/jeep events in the northern states make mention of that as well.

There's something you are mistaken about. Hillbilly and I both can tell ya, it gets "right chilly" in them thar North Carolina hills. What you think is "the sunny" south CAN get durn cold--even brutal. There's a place about 1 1/2 hour from my house called "Hickory Nut Gorge". There is a waterfall 400 feet tall. I've been there in the Gorge when it was 10 degrees in mid-morning with a wind whistling thru the valley at 20 knots. Wind chill? -25F If you weren't properly prepared for it, it would TAKE YOUR breath away!! I've seen snow in NC of several feet, and that's just in the Piedmont region. There's been snows on the Appalachain Trail of 5 FEET and 18 foot drifts in MAY!!!! OH, btw. If you've ever seen the movie, "The Last of the Mohicans", its the waterfall seen at the end of the movie. Part of the film was shot on location there! Cool We have a lot of mountains up to 6600 feet and the highest peak (Mt. Mitchell) East of the Mississippi. It can GIT C O L D in them thar hills!!!! I'm tellin' ya!!!! Laughing

WX here is fickle. It can be ruthlessly hot and humid in the summer and cold in January with morning lows of 9-10 degrees F. It hasn't snowed much in the last several years, but it certainly can. For MY part, I don't like snow; it fouls up my plans and keeps me inside by the fire. So many northerners think the southern states are always warm and sunny, and they find out right quick it ain't so! Laughing NC isn't Wisconsin, but it DOES get cold enough to NOTICE! Laughing That artic top feels mighty good in January when its +12 in the morning! If I had the $$$, it would already be MINE!

FJ
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Careful guys. I did not say it didn't get cold in the south. I said arctic equipment is difficult to sell in the south.

I've spent enough time in the military in SC, NC, LA, TX & OK to be well aware of how odd the weather can get there.

In the other extreme I have seen 80 degrees in January in Western South Dakota.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
hillbilly21

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: top Reply with quote

THANKS FOR THE PLUG FRANKENJEEP !!

THE TOP HAS BEEN SOLD TO A GENTLEMAN HERE IN NC !! Wink Wink
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does that gentleman live in them thar chilly hills? Wink

hillbilly21

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: TOP Reply with quote

ACTUALLY HE LIVES NEAR CHARLOTTE NC...BUT DRIVES HIS M 38 TO WORK ALL THE TIME HE FIGURED HE IS NEEDING A TOP FOR THE WINTER TIME.. Laughing
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Arctic top is quite homely looking with it's straight up windshield. I have had a near new arctic top lying in my shed for over 8 years because I don't have the desire to make the old girl look so ugly. I went and bought a CJ3A steel top which uses the original M38 windshield and then I can swap canvas for steel in the winter without getting that awful boxy look.

FrankenJeep

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll tell ya, if I had had the $$ it woulda already been on "Willy"! It would've been a really neat thing, but I just can't afford much of anything now. My part time job has fizzled down to a couple hours a week or so,and I've only got my pension to fall back on. I hate I had to let this one go.

Yep, Wes, we have some really odd WX around here. You name it, we can get it. Snow, ice storms, heat, tornados, hail stones the size of golf balls (like the storm in April '11). But, thankfully, we don't get as much snow as Wisconsin or as often. I don't LIKE the durn snow. I came here from Northern Arkansas where it also had freaky WX and snow storms. I kinda think the mountains to the west of us sort of blocks a lot of weather systems. They "peter out" when they hit the high mountains and "shelter" us....kinda, sorta. Our snowstorms come up from the gulf when Lows sandwich us in between Artic highs---moisture from the Gulf and cold from the North. Sorta like it that way.

Hillbilly, Glad to help if I did at all with my plug. I'm still "jealous" of the fellow that got the top! Sad Laughing

FJ
puppy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to find one a some point myself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> For Sale All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: