Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Wiper motor...which is the correct one?
Lead additive, one more question.
M31C mount with or without replica weapon
Backfire and Hesitation
Wanted: Steering column and shaft for M38-1952, or late CJ2A
2024 CT. MILITARY VEHICLE SHOW AND FLEA MARKET- JUNE 15,2024
Brake Line
How to link full size photos in posts
Clutch release bearing support cast tab for return spring
T90 case replacement required?

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - WTB - Late M38A1 Front Seat Cushion Bottom Pan
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WTB - Late M38A1 Front Seat Cushion Bottom Pan

View previous topic :: View next topic  
w30bob

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject: WTB - Late M38A1 Front Seat Cushion Bottom Pan Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a seat pan for the later coil spring seat cushion. It's identical to the pan for the earlier "S" spring cushion, but has two additional brackets spot welded to it topside to retain the coil spring frame. I only need one, but if you've got a pair you won't split up..........I'm game. Same thing if you only have one but want to sell the springs with it. If you need to see the two extra brackets I'm talking about let me know and I'll post a pic.

thanks,
bob
goldenjeep

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bob

I would like to see the extra brackets . I am putting a coil spring cushion and pan together and there is nothing to hold them in.

Thanks Sam
tc3
Bill_F

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can check the extra ones i have
w30bob

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sam,

Here they are for sale (see link below). In case the link doesn't work the title of the eBay auction is "Jeep M38 M38A1 M170 CJ2,2,5 NOS Seat Spring and Pan Set G-740 G-758". It's almost amazing..........whenever I list something I need on one of these forums..........it magically pops up on eBay about a day later. Go figure!

Check out the 5th and 6th pics in the listing. If you look closely at the pic of the top of the pan you'll see the 2 brackets I'm talking about. Then look at the pic of the springs sitting in the pan and you'll see how the brackets line up with the straight wires in the spring set. You have to use the zoom function to see this. Interestingly, the two brackets and the two stamped in brackets on the other side of the pan only stop the springs from moving in one direction........they don't captively hold the springs to the pan.

If you can't make the brackets out in the pics I can post better ones later.............I'm just in a hurry now to get to work.

thanks,
bob

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-M38-M38A1-M170-CJ2-2-5-NOS-Seat-Spring-and-Pan-Set-G-740-G-758/173158669239?epid=1655254760&hash=item28510f9bb7:g:7hgAAOSwgGFag7UH&vxp=mtr
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Wanted All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: