Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Wiper motor...which is the correct one?
Lead additive, one more question.
M31C mount with or without replica weapon
Backfire and Hesitation
Wanted: Steering column and shaft for M38-1952, or late CJ2A
2024 CT. MILITARY VEHICLE SHOW AND FLEA MARKET- JUNE 15,2024
Brake Line
How to link full size photos in posts
Clutch release bearing support cast tab for return spring
T90 case replacement required?

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - mdainsd's M38 project
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mdainsd's M38 project
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Jeep Project Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdainsd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not been posting on patina jeep in a while. Don't think nothing is happening. Been acquiring parts as I find them. Im taking some time off this month (first time in YEARS), and I plan on dedicating a solid portion of it to this jeep. Im organizing and trying to find all the goodies I bought for it over the last few months so everything will be ready to start with in a couple of weeks. A few major items are due in but I'm not sharing just yet Twisted Evil

I'll do photos, I promise... Phone camera died and my digital doesn't play nicely with my Mac, bit I WILL find a way.

Yellow Jeep is going to get a block of time too, just don't have as much that I want to do to it right now, other than enjoy it.
'52 Dodge M37, '42 GPW, '48 FrankenJeep CJ2A/M38, '50 CJV-35(U), '51 M38, '42 WC-57 Command Car, '44 WC-51 Weapons , (2) M1941 Sperry 60" Anti-Aircraft Searchlights, John Deere M-gator, '44 White M3A1 Scout Car
mdainsd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting the install of the AN/GRC-5.

[/img]
'52 Dodge M37, '42 GPW, '48 FrankenJeep CJ2A/M38, '50 CJV-35(U), '51 M38, '42 WC-57 Command Car, '44 WC-51 Weapons , (2) M1941 Sperry 60" Anti-Aircraft Searchlights, John Deere M-gator, '44 White M3A1 Scout Car
mdainsd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some good progress today! Monday I laid out the mount I wanted fabricated and trotted off to the fabricators. Tuesday I had it in hand and painted it. Today, Wednesday I did the install.

Fitting the new base:

Then adding the MT-297 mount:

Next comes the mounts junction box. This is where all the different cables are terminated to handle quite a collection of radio options.

Slide in the telephone line remote control:

About ready for the boat anchors, err, radios:

In go the radios, and start routing the cables (more work to be done there).

And then to keep them warm at night...

Now back to that pesky wiring job....

Last edited by mdainsd on Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total
mdainsd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotten a lot done over my vacation but came up just short of being able to start her up and drive. About a dozen more electrical connections and bend and fit one fuel line. Other wise its about show time.

Getting the mount for the M2HB just right took way more time than I would have ever imagined. It can't be close, it has to be perfect or it will not interface with the frame brackets. Here it is (the Mutt wheel is just on there to move the Jeep around).

And a better view of the radio set.

mdainsd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patina Jeep is just about ready for its shake down run. Maybe this weekend if the weather is nice. Not quite done in these pics. But closer each day now.

and

[/img]
mdainsd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final touches and get ready to put her on the trailer for a meet later this week.

The body is pretty much been left as found. Everything under it is rebuilt or new old stock. Just added a NOS in the 1951 box air cleaner. Nothing better than the original stuff!

New seat cushions and covers, lots of parts in the windshield, dash, wiring, priming system, So many pieces.

Had it down to the Tag service place today, All registered and licensed and insured.

Really looking forward to a convoy or two this weekend as well as static display!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Jeep Project Threads All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: