Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

1952 M38 converting to 12V
M38A1 Slave Bucket location
M274 A3 Mule For Sale
flywheel advice
conversion from a 12 volt system back to a 24 volt system
M151 A2 + M416 Trailer For Sale
M38 ignition points condensor
TM9-8015-1 Clarification
Wiper motor...which is the correct one?
Lead additive, one more question.

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Fuel Pump issue M38
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fuel Pump issue M38

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redvettemike

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject: Fuel Pump issue M38 Reply with quote

Looks as if our fuel pump ain't pumping. I think the fuel pump is a "dual action" pump. I see a rebuild kit for a "single action" pump. Does anyone make a rebuild kit for a dual action pump? Can you buy a rebuilt pump from a vendor (I see where we can ship this one off to someone like Kaiser-Willys and they will rebuild it in 3-4 weeks-we'd rather not wait 3-4 weeks). Tks for any advice.
Mike

Mike, I have split these new technical questions from your old 51 M38 resto post so they will get more specific attention and to eliminate the confusion of mixed questions & answers in a single post. Try to always post your individual technical questions in individual posts. We have a board where you can keep a running post that reports the progress of your resto but the posting rules there explain that when individual technical issues arise they should be posted on this Technical Board.
radtech

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to replace the 6 check valves in the top section.The diaphgrams seldom go bad.Just had the same problem with my M38.Try midwest military.
redvettemike

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

radtech wrote:
You need to replace the 6 check valves in the top section.The diaphgrams seldom go bad.Just had the same problem with my M38.Try midwest military.

We shipped the old pump off to DeBella's. They will see if it is rebuildable and if so will sell us a rebuilt one, keeping this one to rebuild. The rebuild kit they had for it is not correct for our's. Tks.
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best one stop shop where the work is actually done in that shop is Then & Now. http://www.maritimedragracing.com/then_and_now_automotive.htm

This eliminates the middle man mark-up.

Over the years the kits are getting harder to find but I have always rebuilt my own pumps. You order the kit using the manufacturer's part number for the pump. You take the last four numbers on the pump's flange and find the matching # in the part manual with the same last four. IE 4260 on the flange will be AC# 5594260.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
redvettemike

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: Fuel Pump issue M38 Reply with quote

redvettemike wrote:
Looks as if our fuel pump ain't pumping. I think the fuel pump is a "dual action" pump. I see a rebuild kit for a "single action" pump. Does anyone make a rebuild kit for a dual action pump? Can you buy a rebuilt pump from a vendor (I see where we can ship this one off to someone like Kaiser-Willys and they will rebuild it in 3-4 weeks-we'd rather not wait 3-4 weeks). Tks for any advice.
Mike

Mike, I have split these new technical questions from your old 51 M38 resto post so they will get more specific attention and to eliminate the confusion of mixed questions & answers in a single post. Try to always post your individual technical questions in individual posts. We have a board where you can keep a running post that reports the progress of your resto but the posting rules there explain that when individual technical issues arise they should be posted on this Technical Board.

Ok. Will do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: