Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Fan & Generator Dive pulley nut?
M38A1 Battery 22NF Hold Downs
M38 Tie-rod Clamp Bolts
Lug Nut Stud length...
Tachometer
Zerks, plugs or vents?? DANA 44 Rear end
Where were all the M38s sent to?
Power to starter when switch is off
Left hand threads on Both rear axle hubs - DANA 44

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - 1955 M170
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1955 M170

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rdsar2k

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject: 1955 M170 Reply with quote

Time move on. I spent years restoring this. It is complete with all ambulance gear. Rotisserie. Everything rebuilt. 40 oil pressure cold 30 hot. Full auto lite new old stock re-treated top. Seats done as original. It is perfect. Won judges favorite and people’s favorite at local military show. Only took it to one. Even the glass is nos with markings. Did put in pointless ignition from mutt for reliability. No bondo. 18000.00. See resto picks in my gallery here page 7 Rdsar2k
http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?full=1&set_albumName=rdsar2k&id=IMG_00000165&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php
http://willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules/gallery/albums/rdsar2k/engine_3.jpg
http://willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules/gallery/albums/rdsar2k/engine_4.jpg
2008 Rubicon Unlimited MyGig

Last edited by rdsar2k on Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
rdsar2k

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject: M170 Reply with quote

Or best offer
rdsar2k

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject: M170 Reply with quote

Ok so I'm not feeling any interest.

What is wrong with my post? I think the M170 is perfect and it runs strong on fully rebuilt drivetrain and chassis; everything replaced with NOS or new parts with extreme tlc. I only ever drove it in parades with my father and that is not happening anymore sadly. Conditioned storage inside and I cant think of anything it needs to be nut and bolt perfect with full ambulance gear. I dropped the price to parts/machining/sandblasting cost. Labor (mine) is free. Best offers considered.

What is your first thought when you read this? Too much money? Doesn't look right?

Am I posting incorrectly? Everywhere i post I get nothing like I am asking way too much. If that's true whats a good price?
longld

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Web has a number for sale ranging from $8000-$17,000 though yours is better restored than any I have seen online. I think the primary issue is the size of market for Ambulance Jeeps - when I was looking I specifically did not want an ambulance version. Reasons were that I wanted a more traditional Jeep to tool around in. The ambulance version does make a great parade vehicle due to its room out back but not what I wanted.
mdainsd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have what looks to be a very nice Jeep there. I agree with the previous post, the ambulance probably has a very small audience, BUT it only takes one person to sell it to. Be patient and list it everywhere you can think of.

My opinion only but the order of desirability of the Willys Military Jeeps would be:

MA
Slat Grill
MB (GPWs go here too)
MC (M38)
MD (M38A1)
MD Variants (long wheelbase)

Again just an opinion.
1952 Dodge M37, 1942 GPW, 1948 FrankenJeep CJ2A/M38, 1951 M38, !942 WC-57 Command Car Undergoing factory original restoration, 1944 WC-51 Weapons , (2) M1941 Sperry 60" Anti-Aircraft Searchlight, John Deere M-gators
rdsar2k

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: M170 Reply with quote

Thanks for comments. Helps
RonD2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I struggle with the value question, or my heirs will after I depart the planet. You have a very nice jeep. How many MD-A's were made in the first place? How many survived to today? How many of those are well cared for like yours? Not many I think. I'm sure you've already decided a figure in your head that you'll take for it? Is $18K the bottom line? As said above, I think the key might be plenty of patience and broad advertising? Any classic car forum, not just military vehicle roads.

I realized when I decided on my M38 instead of a 60's muscle car that I'd be upside down on it quick and would likely never get out from under that. But that's not why I do it.

Just a rookie's opinion.

Good luck!

By the way, here's a post for a MD-A for sale in this forum for $7.5K where a member asks the poster if it's still for sale sometime later...and gets no answer. Not much help.

http://willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9010

I'm advertising what I think is a very nice 1954 M100 trailer for sale only in this forum. I'm doing that because I'd rather see it be "appreciated" for what it is and kept that way rather than made into a rolling BBQ or have a tailgate cut in it to haul manure. I don't need to sell it so I have patience. But this is America after all, and the new owner can do whatever they want with it.......

“The only good sports car that America ever made was the Jeep."
--- Enzo Ferrari

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> For Sale All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: