Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Wiper motor...which is the correct one?
Lead additive, one more question.
M31C mount with or without replica weapon
Backfire and Hesitation
Wanted: Steering column and shaft for M38-1952, or late CJ2A
2024 CT. MILITARY VEHICLE SHOW AND FLEA MARKET- JUNE 15,2024
Brake Line
How to link full size photos in posts
Clutch release bearing support cast tab for return spring
T90 case replacement required?

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Ramsey 50 or 50R winch, pto and more
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ramsey 50 or 50R winch, pto and more

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdainsd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject: Ramsey 50 or 50R winch, pto and more Reply with quote

Looking for the elusive winch for my M38. I need a complete setup as trying to find the missing parts is a fools errand it seems. So, PTO, shafts, universals, pillow block.

And... A Gardwood level wind.

I am quite aware that these things do NOT come cheap, nor do I expect them to.

What have you got?
'52 Dodge M37, '42 GPW, '48 FrankenJeep CJ2A/M38, '50 CJV-35(U), '51 M38, '42 WC-57 Command Car, '44 WC-51 Weapons , (2) M1941 Sperry 60" Anti-Aircraft Searchlights, John Deere M-gator, '44 White M3A1 Scout Car

Last edited by mdainsd on Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bill_F

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck on finding a Gardwood level wind. I have never seen a jeep one for sale, and only seen photos of it, on one jeep.

As for the rest of the parts they do come up for sale every so often. The pillow block and be found here, it is a repop but looks the part

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ramsey-50-Winch-M38-M38A1-Hanger-Bearing-w-brace-G740-G758/202052596633?hash=item2f0b45f399:g:N4cAAOSwLnBX494o

A guy on g503 was selling the ujoints at one point. Finding someone with the whole package for sale it not common.
mdainsd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the response. yes I have seen bits and pieces but as I said, it seems a fools errand to try it that way.

Oh I know the level wind will be impossible but that's fine too.

We all get different satisfactions out of this hobby. Be it, restoring or driving, or showing or having you vehicle judged. Many more. For me the biggest thrill is the hunt. I seem to be drawn like a moth to the flame when someone tells me "you will never find that!"

There are some things I have been looking for over a period of years with no luck (yet) Cool

But I do find stuff when I stay at it. The latest was a sealed NOS kit that converted MBs and GPWs to a 12V system for radio use. Not cheap either, but I have it!
'52 Dodge M37, '42 GPW, '48 FrankenJeep CJ2A/M38, '50 CJV-35(U), '51 M38, '42 WC-57 Command Car, '44 WC-51 Weapons , (2) M1941 Sperry 60" Anti-Aircraft Searchlights, John Deere M-gator, '44 White M3A1 Scout Car
Bill_F

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took me awhile to find all the parts to my winch setup. It started with the winch itself which was attached to a cj5, they I found a pto on craigslist, then another that came with the hanger bearing, so I sold the extra one, they I had a winch frame made. It was fun tracking down all the parts.
ikalimnos

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good muck my friend,

I found all the parts except the Ramsey 50, so I went for a Ramsey 200R. A friend of mine has the 50 and I am keeping the pressure on until he decides to sell it!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mdainsd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOT FOUND. Guy reneegged after making the deal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Wanted All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: