Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Wiper motor...which is the correct one?
Lead additive, one more question.
M31C mount with or without replica weapon
Backfire and Hesitation
Wanted: Steering column and shaft for M38-1952, or late CJ2A
2024 CT. MILITARY VEHICLE SHOW AND FLEA MARKET- JUNE 15,2024
Brake Line
How to link full size photos in posts
Clutch release bearing support cast tab for return spring
T90 case replacement required?

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - M100 Treiler interesting lighting system
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M100 Treiler interesting lighting system

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ikalimnos

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 8:40 am    Post subject: M100 Treiler interesting lighting system Reply with quote

Dear All,

A good friend of mines bought an M100 trailer and we went to pick it up with my M38A1. When I saw the trailer I found something very interesting about the lighting layout which reminded me of the Canadian layout on M38A1CDN3

I am putting here the photos to have also your expert opinion on this

http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=album649&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a standard conversion for turn signal function. The original right light assembly is replaced with a 2nd left light assembly. Now you have two red lens and the wiring is adjusted for the two red lens lamps to function as both stop and turn lamps. The small light assembly mounted above the new right light assembly is a replacement BO Stop lamp for the black out stop rear lamp that was in the old right light assembly.

You can view the rest of the pages here:

http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=album47&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
BBDE

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, maybe i'am wrong,

but I see here the original standard M-Series left and right Tail light's with the red lense for the tail and stop light for the left, and with the B.O. stop light lens on the right.

But with an extra B.O. stoplight with bracket added from a M416 Trailer, that was used to keep the B.O. stoplight, when two left Tail lamps where used for turnsignal function.

Here, on this M100 trailer, the B.O. stoplight is twice.

It was intresting to know, what lense is in the extern "B.O. Stop light"

A B.O. marker, a B.O. stop light mask, or is it converted to a special use?

Sincerely

Frank
4x4M38

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank,
Good eye!

It’s really hard to tell with the paint and dirt, but it looks like you are right.
The lamp on the right rear appears to be the original right light fixture due to the rectangular cutout on top.

Wondering if they installed the correct left housing, then at some point replaced the door with a right door by mistake. Perhaps someone could take a photo of the rest of the right light housing and see if there are two wires or three.

Take care,
Brian
http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=album372&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A more accurate assessment can only be made with a hands on examination. The additional small light is detailed in the parts list with the MWO. It has a BO STOP lens and not a front BO marker light lens.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
ikalimnos

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can post more pistures if needed
http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=album649&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
4x4M38

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wes,
I can’t tell what lens the new blackout stop light currently has on it, but his large lamp fixture has a right blackout lamp door on it.

The upper lens is rectangular, not half domed like the left side door.

Ikalimnos, yes, more closeup photos would be helpful as well as the back of the right lower light housing showing how many wires are going to it.

Next question. Does your jeep have turn signals?

Take care,
Brian
http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=album372&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I overlooked that on the first view due to the lack of photo detail and the overspray of OD paint on the lens but I clearly understood your first explanation above. As I said one will need to have the lamps in his hands to properly determine exactly what is on the back of that trailer and be able to inspect the wiring up close to determine how much it differs from stock. I only offered the MWO because the piggy back mounted small lamp is a basic trait of the MWO.

4x4M38

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Wes. It’s in your turn signal photo pages but here it’s a handy reference for newer members who haven’t yet had the time to look for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: