Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Wiper motor...which is the correct one?
Lead additive, one more question.
M31C mount with or without replica weapon
Backfire and Hesitation
Wanted: Steering column and shaft for M38-1952, or late CJ2A
2024 CT. MILITARY VEHICLE SHOW AND FLEA MARKET- JUNE 15,2024
Brake Line
How to link full size photos in posts
Clutch release bearing support cast tab for return spring
T90 case replacement required?

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Body Mount #3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Body Mount #3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Devilnutz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:32 pm    Post subject: Body Mount #3 Reply with quote

I am about to mate my frame and tub and question the hardware.
the body mount hole under the fuel tank, #3 left if reading right, needed a patch, I replaced with sheet metal and drilled a 1/2 inch hole to match 2 and 3 mount holes.
the question is, does the #3 mount under the tank recess in floor board? The ORD-9 calls for a 3/8 x 1" bolt on #3 left compared to 2" right and both go through hat channel. I feel like the tank would rub bolt head. should the bolt hole be drilled larger in sump with bolt head tight to bottom of hat channel?
I hope that makes sense and if there is a diagram or manual I missed Please let me know.

Thanks
Derek
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We cannot offer an accurate answer unless you offer us a model ID for your jeep?

If you look at the bottom of this post you will see what jeep and trailer models I have since I listed them in my "Signature Data". This can help but it is still important to always specify exactly which model jeep you are discussing.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
Devilnutz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that, had the info in my signature but for got to click the show info button.

it is a '51 M38 SN# MC11803
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you visited my photo album yet? It is the 2nd album in the Member's albums section. I have a very detailed M38 frame photo album there: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=album228&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

And another very detailed photo album titled "M38 Body":
http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=album76&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

On page 4 of that album is my "M38 Tub Mounting" album:
http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=album97&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

Note the #3 Lt mount bolt is upside down unlike the other mount bolts that go in from the top and have a nut showing on the bottom.

In this photo of the underside view of the driver's floor you should be able to discern that the LT #3 frame/tub mount hole in the hat channel has a steel weld nut in it just below the Capital yellow D.

Note the list of parts for #3 left tub mount. Bolt, washer and no nut. Also the bolt is a very short 1" long 3/8x24 bolt.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
Devilnutz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It now make sense. I looked at your tub picture in your album and it never dawned on me that driver side was threaded from bottom. I was looking for a pic from the top thinking it was a through hole like the rest.
Thank you Wes
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what this web site is for folks. There are very few questions that anyone can ask that doesn't have the answer lying right here in current informational files for you. Very Happy

Devilnutz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This site has all the info I could ever ask for, now if only I could get my brain to piece it together properly. Just like my dad would tell me, If it (info im loooking for) were a snake it would have bit me. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: