Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

1953 M38A1 PCV Question
M38A1 PCV vacuum line routing
Three M38A1's for sale - Westfield Massachusetts -$6500
Profile problems
M38 Fender mount Blackout Headlight with bracket
Wes K. and Ryan M. Appreciation Day
Production month/year of my NEKAF M38A1
Request for private photo gallery
M38 Fuel Strainer Extension Tube wanted.
11" Brake parts identification help

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Project Salty
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Project Salty
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Jeep Project Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would get the measuring tape out.

If aftermarket you are looking at misalignment issues with filler spout, rear center mount tab and the screw hole spacing on the two tank openings for the sender and pickup.

Take a look at my MD Juan Tank Album. http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=album687&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

Also look close at the insulating felt strip locations.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
ocwd

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:52 am    Post subject: Gas Tank Reply with quote

Can you let us know how the gas tank fits? I just lined my original with POR15. We'll see how good a job I did and how long it lasts. I'm just curious about fitment of the repro tank. I haven't read good things.

Dave
CoastieReid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, Iím going to give it a try. I havenít even taken time to uncover my Jeep in the yard yet. Reluctant to as in 3 weeks I need to have it all covered up for another deployment. I got side tracked working on house projects and f100 truck stuff. I am transferring to the ugly sister ship of my current. Sheís a year older and worse for wear. Itís a rinse and repeat of my last two years on the current one.

Off the bat I donít like the filler neck of the tank . The tabs to help hold the cap on it are a little long and I canít push the gas cap on. May need to trim it. The inside of the gas tanks is covered in grit that I will need to clean before I do anything in regards to filling with fuel.

I also find it annoying that I have to purchase the hardware separately from the tank. For the price you pay, they couldnít add the 10 or so little screws for the sending unit and in tank filter system... nickel and dime to death.

Taking a week off work for all the above projects and this one. Will let you all know- though I may get deployed till August before I can do this stuff. Luck of the draw I was assigned to a ship whose schedule is opposite my current one.
L134 # MC 91518
previous title came from New York. Used as plow jeep by PO for 30+ years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Jeep Project Threads All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: