Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

1952 M38 converting to 12V
M38A1 Slave Bucket location
M274 A3 Mule For Sale
flywheel advice
conversion from a 12 volt system back to a 24 volt system
M151 A2 + M416 Trailer For Sale
M38 ignition points condensor
TM9-8015-1 Clarification
Wiper motor...which is the correct one?
Lead additive, one more question.

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - USMC M38 Pictures showing Markings Hood Bumperette etc
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USMC M38 Pictures showing Markings Hood Bumperette etc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dearhawke

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject: USMC M38 Pictures showing Markings Hood Bumperette etc Reply with quote

I restored a 1951 M38 and am ready to put the markings on it. Are there any pictures of the Markings that would have been on a Marine Corp M38? I know about the hood markings, and am suspecting they didn't have all the markings on them that the Army had. Anything on the bumperettes, etc. Any pictures would be great help. I am not finding much info on this topic.
Regards,

Darrell Dukes
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USMC and a registration number is about it. Only carried Division signs when involved with an operation that included more than one division.

Review my USMC photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=album322&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
Brian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a ‘51 USMC with original markings. 7th Engineering Jeep #2 USMC 175411

I hope to upload a number of pictures when I get it rolling again. Doing some valve and fuel tank work....
Boze

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian,

I asked the same question of my Uncle Louis who was a 30 year Marine and retired as a Master Sergeant. This is the text from the e-mail he sent me.

JEEP

Driver’s side, front bumper:

B-1st MT.BN (2” letters)

Passenger’s side, front bumper:

1st MAR DIV (2” letters)

Both sides of hood: USMC (3” letters)

My serial No. is 1095302 (Use as many numbers as you want, dropping from left to right. You could use 95302)

Back bumper left side:

B-1st MT.BN (2” letters)

Back bumper, right side:

1st MAR Div (2” letters)

Uncle Louis was a corporal in Korea in November of 1950 assigned to Motor Transport when he was wounded by enemy fire while spotting for a machine gun near the Chosin Reservoir. He passed away 18 months ago but I saved his letters and did my M38 as he stated in his letter. He also said to paint a big, white star on the hood (gasp) like the Army did to help prevent friendly fire from air support. I didn't paint the star but did the rest as he stated.

Hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: