Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

1950 M38 no reading on the dash amp meter
Transfer Case rebuild issues
Zerks causing trouble.
1952 M38 converting to 12V
M38A1 Slave Bucket location
M274 A3 Mule For Sale
flywheel advice
conversion from a 12 volt system back to a 24 volt system
M151 A2 + M416 Trailer For Sale
M38 ignition points condensor

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - M38 cushions between tub and frame
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M38 cushions between tub and frame
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brumbach

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject: M38 cushions between tub and frame Reply with quote

Any reason I shouldn't tack glue cushions to frame before mounting the tub? Thanks in advance.
radtech

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is what I did when I had the tub off mine so they wouldn't shift when I remounted the tub.
Brumbach

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts exactly. Thanks
mdainsd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just put a set in this week. I did not tack them in, but I can see that it would be useful.
'52 Dodge M37, '42 GPW, '48 FrankenJeep CJ2A/M38, '50 CJV-35(U), '51 M38, '42 WC-57 Command Car, '44 WC-51 Weapons , (2) M1941 Sperry 60" Anti-Aircraft Searchlights, John Deere M-gator, '44 White M3A1 Scout Car
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tub position adjustment after every installation requires movement in small increments. If you decide to glue the mounts in place before setting the tub on them then be sure to lubricate the top of the rubber with a silicon bases lube.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
Brumbach

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea. The real challenge for me is lifting it in place. My son and I took it off but now it's down to my wife and me. I'm going to try with the loader on my tractor. I saw an interesting youtube clip where a guy used a 4x4 post attached inside the bucket with a bottle jack and a large c-clamp. If successful I'll make photo and share. Wish me luck.
rgmutchler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brumbach
Do you have a link for that Youtube video. I am fixing to put my tub back on and have the same issue, just me and my wife. I have considered doing it with the front end loader on the tractor and am always interested in seeing other ideas.
Thanks
http://willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=rgmutchler&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
Brumbach

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I'd saved it but didn't. Can't locate is by searching either. Essentially, what the guy did was place a 4x4 post, centered in the bucket. He then secured the end of the post inside the bucket using a bottle jack. On the outer edge (blade) of the bucket he secured the post with a large c-clamp. Of course you'll have to sling strap the tub and connect the slings to the end of the post. Very simple. I plan to use an 8 ft post. It'll be a day or two and I can post my makeshift boom installing the body on the frame. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Brumbach on Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Brumbach

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wes, on your diagram, is 1L and 1R the rail sides that connect with the body tabs? I assume they too get a cushion. Thanks
MarkR1951M38

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brumbach...If you are referring to the vertical mounts that mount to the sides of the frames...yes, I put a cushion in between those and the frame.
Brumbach

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkR1951M38 wrote:
Brumbach...If you are referring to the vertical mounts that mount to the sides of the frames...yes, I put a cushion in between those and the frame.
That's the ones. Thanks
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As always the answer to 90% of all M38 questions lie in my photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

In this case more specifically my Body mounting sub album!!!!
http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=album97&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
Brumbach

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brumbach wrote:
Thought I'd saved it but didn't. Can't locate is by searching either. Essentially, what the guy did was place a 4x4 post, centered in the bucket. He then secured the end of the post inside the bucket using a bottle jack. On the outer edge (blade) of the bucket he secured the post with a large c-clamp. Of course you'll have to sling strap the tub and connect the slings to the end of the post. Very simple. I plan to use an 8 ft post. It'll be a day or two and I can post my makeshift boom installing the body on the frame. Hope this helps.
If your attack angle is from the side as it'll be for me, you'll need no more than 60 inches of post from the leading edge of the bucket to reach center. In other words, I'll need a lot less than 8 ft of the post I purchased. Now where did I put that chainsaw? I'll attempt the lift tomorrow if weather permits. After church so as to not jinks the task.
Brumbach

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wesk wrote:
As always the answer to 90% of all M38 questions lie in my photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

In this case more specifically my Body mounting sub album!!!!
http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=album97&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

Never would've caught the "small rubber". Thanks
rgmutchler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brumbach,
I appreciate it. I have some forks for my front end loader and right now I intend to use them, some eye bolts through the body mount holes on the body and some nylon straps but some times in spite of my hard head I do learn from what others have come up with. I won't be doing mine for another week or so so I will have the benefit of hearing how your system works. Waiting until after you go to church is probably a wish choice. Smile
http://willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=rgmutchler&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: