Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Wiper motor...which is the correct one?
Lead additive, one more question.
M31C mount with or without replica weapon
Backfire and Hesitation
Wanted: Steering column and shaft for M38-1952, or late CJ2A
2024 CT. MILITARY VEHICLE SHOW AND FLEA MARKET- JUNE 15,2024
Brake Line
How to link full size photos in posts
Clutch release bearing support cast tab for return spring
T90 case replacement required?

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Project Salty
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Project Salty
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Jeep Project Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4x4M38

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wes,
Yes I looked in your albums.
Just missing it I guess.

I liked the way he added a fuse panel and relays to an M38 schematic with changes to accommodate those as well as the CJ foot switch.

Pretty slick.
http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=album372&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
CoastieReid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I should have been more specific with my comment

"My Jeep will be 12volt. I checked all my lights- they have 24v bulbs in them, and work. But I can switch the bulbs to 12v ones. Sorry it’s upsidedown. I couldn’t edit for whatever reason. The 24v bulb in my hand is replaced by this #67 which I use on my f100 "

Should have said- I did change the bulb to 12v ones. The next pictures are with 12v bulbs. All the bulbs were changed that night- but whatever.

Look- I get it. this is your sand box and for all the million times you have been helpful, you also have an air of arrogance. I also have 24 years of military experience of which 12 of those years deployed onboard ships, and all in Engineering! I didn't go from E1 through E7 to CWO2 as a Naval Engineer and up to 03E Engineer Officer of a 270 foot long cutter because of my looks trust me. Maybe I actually do know some things. Maybe I actually do study.

I read a post in the dozens of searches I have done and you specifically called someone out for not checking your photo album and to do that before asking a dumb question. Enough.
Hood # 20942580
L134 # MC 91518

M100 trailer #01279054
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss April,

Please feel free to leave this awful site anytime you feel it to be at your advantage. I have never posted the sentence you just posted above. Yes I have referred folks to my album for answers to simple questions but your misrepresentation of my comments is off this planet. Yes when folks ask questions here and the question clearly shows the person does not understand the system and has not completed any serious research then instead of handing them answers on a platter I give them the page number in the appropriate manual or guide to solve their issue. Call it arrogance but where I come from it's called challenging folks to meet higher expectations. If you feel you are already on top of everything then you really have no need for this web site.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
CoastieReid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I just made it up..... Rolling Eyes

I suspect a lot of people do not come back because of the prickly environment this (and many) forum takes on. Should I leave? I don't feel the need to; but if you want me to leave then you have to say it. I will leave your sandbox.

I was going to reuse the holes the previous owner drilled on the dash of this jeep. I ended up deciding not to.

I welded the holes up and drilled new holes where I want to put my accessory switches.

Hood # 20942580
L134 # MC 91518

M100 trailer #01279054
4x4M38

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

April,
Will your power cut off switch fit in the firewall hole for the accessory plug?
Left of the cowl battery box?
http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=album372&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I suspect a lot of people do not come back because of the prickly environment this (and many) forum takes on. Should I leave? I don't feel the need to; but if you want me to leave then you have to say it. I will leave your sandbox.

April,

No I will not expell you from the sandbox. I will offer you a tube of vaseline and suggest where you place the sandbox. I have tired of the laziness I find among the newer folks here who treat this web site like a Facebook Page. I think I have had enough of the last 26 years with this site and your type.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies for the short interruption which I created to give members adequate time to thoroughly investigate our comments. Do enjoy the web site.

CoastieReid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the premodern wire harness isn’t exactly what I thought it would be.... the fuel tank sending unit wire is a few feet short, the turn signals were wired weird ( to what the brake light was- which means the brake light would flash while you are sitting waiting to turn) and a few other oddities- I bought more wore and will fix it.

A few nights ago, I drew out the wiring schematic I need to make the things work on my Jeep. From power to ground all around.
Marked the light switch pigtail too for wiring. Need to cut up the wire harness a little. Has an ammeter setup in wiring, but not installed in my Jeep. Need to run the wire for the volt meter gauge.

Paint pen the raised letters.

Still waiting on parts to show up, and now the additional wire. I could use standard wire from the parts store, but I found the same clothe covered 16 gauge in different colors/stripe combos. Will use that instead.

Decided since the replacement horn came in. I tore apart the 12v spartan horn housing.
Crusty inside.

Sanded the housing.

Modified a new $15.00 pancake Horn I found on amazon. I am not spending $75 on the same thing from KW. The horn is probably the exact same thing. Product photos sure do look the same, I tested it alone, then as it was modified to fit inside the Spartan housing. Sounds alright to me.

Little semi gloss paint.
[url=https://postimages.org/]

[/url]

If it is fully dry tomorrow, I will reassemble with new screws. Somehow I lost a stud in the grass while I was sweating away the wasp Andy swarm of mosquitoes.
Hood # 20942580
L134 # MC 91518

M100 trailer #01279054
RonD2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi April,
It's great to see the update.

If you have no need for the guts from your Sparton horn I'll take them off your hands. Name the price.

“The only good sports car that America ever made was the Jeep."
--- Enzo Ferrari

CoastieReid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up using the main ring. I cut the center out, mounted my new horn to it and I used it to help hold inside the housing. Not much of it left.
Hood # 20942580
L134 # MC 91518

M100 trailer #01279054
RonD2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If all you have left is the diaphram, I'll take it.

“The only good sports car that America ever made was the Jeep."
--- Enzo Ferrari

CoastieReid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do. I have it’s the shed. Have to hit the post office this week at so,e point. Will send it down,
Hood # 20942580
L134 # MC 91518

M100 trailer #01279054
CoastieReid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished assembling the horn.

Don’t like how it’s “clocked” in position, so I will fix that tomorrow. I need to turn it just one hole set clockwise.
Tests good! Sounds like the road runner meep meep sound.
It was 90+ and not trying to give myself heat stroke out there, I didn’t do much else. Just mocking stuff up.

Have this small 6 point fuse block. Since it would fit up behind the gauge panel,

The orange thing is a welding magnet acting as a support for positioning. There is an inch on the battery box side and above. Still can turn the battery cut out switch right below it with ease.

In 25 years of driving and the 15 cars I’ve owned. Blew one fuse ever. If I ever had to access that panel, easy enough by dropping the gauge panel. Have to do that on my 63 truck anyway.

Hood # 20942580
L134 # MC 91518

M100 trailer #01279054
4x4M38

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

April,
Will the fuse panel fit where the breakers would go on the side of the cowl battery box?
CoastieReid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would fit sideways on that same mount, but i added an L bracket so i could see the fuses. The fuse panel is just a little too wide to screw directing into that small area. Another reason I added the L bracket.
maybe this picture is a little more clear. I have two welding magnets holding it there for me to see if the gauge panel will fit.
It did. I also just moved my speedometer cable over one hole.
I might go with this. Not sure yet.

It is square, so in the photo, the positive post is on the bottom. the yellow tab is the interlock for the cover. loads to the sides.
You could screw that panel any configuration you wanted. I also debate of putting positive to the top. It has an inch clearance.
Hood # 20942580
L134 # MC 91518

M100 trailer #01279054
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Jeep Project Threads All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 34 of 42

Jump to: