Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Zerks causing trouble.
1952 M38 converting to 12V
M38A1 Slave Bucket location
M274 A3 Mule For Sale
flywheel advice
conversion from a 12 volt system back to a 24 volt system
M151 A2 + M416 Trailer For Sale
M38 ignition points condensor
TM9-8015-1 Clarification
Wiper motor...which is the correct one?

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Transmission and Transfer Case Magnetic Drain Plugs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Transmission and Transfer Case Magnetic Drain Plugs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RonD2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:20 pm    Post subject: Transmission and Transfer Case Magnetic Drain Plugs Reply with quote

Not mine.

I believe many folks here also partake of the other jeep forums, but thought I'd post this here for general interest of a useful product Made in the U.S. of A and a good cause. I'm ordering a pair myself.

I've got a Gold Plug for my motor, but have never seen them for transmissions and transfer cases. And these are faithful to the appearance of the originals. Very Happy Good stuff.

Hope I'm not guilty of stepping on toes over on the cj2a page if the intent was to restrict advertising. Anyway, here goes...

https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/topic46896_post478488.html#478488

Lee (MN)
Posted: 20 Apr. 2020 at 10:35pm
Dear Fellow Jeepers, My friend Steve is a High School Shop teacher and an M Jeep guy, while restoring his M-38 he needed replacement drain plugs and found no source, so as a class project a couple of his students wrote a CNC program and they made a set, then added rare earth magnets. Anyway they decided to make a bunch and sell them, Steve asked me to post this on the page and offer them to the 2A guys, this is helping out a few kids who needed a project as well as a small lesson in marketing. These are the M-38 style plug with the 3/8" square drive socket head but work fine on a CJ as well (I have a set in Dads Jeep)The magnets are wicked strong as well. They are selling for $10 each, and they also made a yoke tool for holding the axel yokes to remove the nut and those are $15 ea., And a installation tool for installing the pinion seal, not sure on the price of those. Anyway here are a few photo's....

If you would like to order a set or a tool, Steve can be reached via E-Mail at spejeep@gmail.com (He has PayPal)

Several members here have installed them and were very happy with the plugs and the tools

Many Thanks, Lee

Edited by Lee (MN) - 25 Apr. 2020 at 7:52am
LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
67 M715
American Made Rolling History

[img][/img][img][/img]

“The only good sports car that America ever made was the Jeep."
--- Enzo Ferrari

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> For Sale All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: