Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Transfer Case rebuild issues
Zerks causing trouble.
1952 M38 converting to 12V
M38A1 Slave Bucket location
M274 A3 Mule For Sale
flywheel advice
conversion from a 12 volt system back to a 24 volt system
M151 A2 + M416 Trailer For Sale
M38 ignition points condensor
TM9-8015-1 Clarification

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - M-100 canvas trailer cover.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M-100 canvas trailer cover.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bubagun

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: M-100 canvas trailer cover. Reply with quote

I received a brand new canvas cover for my M-100 trailer today. The hemp ropes for the securing of the cover to the trailer were in the box.
Question....How do I use the ropes to secure the cover to the trailer. I just know there is a correct way to do it. I have seen them properly secured...but cannot remember how it was done. This is my first EVER cover for a military trailer. Thanks.
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original and official method was a seperate piece of rope for each "J" hook and a seperate piece of rope through each corners two holes to snug the corner of the canvas under the lip of the box.

There are photos and drawings in all three M100 service manuals.

The latest manual is still on the Army's Logsa pubs site:
https://www.logsa.army.mil/

Just go to electronic pubs and skip the pass wrod login since you're getting public release documents. Agree to the Army's Useage statement and type in M100 in the title search block.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
OKCM38CDN

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have that manual, downloaded and it only references that a tarp is provided... However there is a photo of the tarp and from that you can see roughly how it is tied down...

I tied figure 8 knots in mine then fed the rope from under the tarp down to the hooks, two (2) turns around the J hook then a half hitch to secure... On the corners same principle, just came from the hole on the back, up thru then down thru the hole on the side, carefully folding the canvas over like a hospital corner and then tie as stated above...

I also put two bows in mine using sockets avalable from, a boating supply to bend them up... looks good.

Mount your tarp good and tight, then let sit for a day, if rain in the forcast great, if not wet it down and let shrink and dry in place... helps mold the trap to the trailer. We did this with all our M-35 tarps when I was in the military. Helped keep things dry and made the tarps fit correctly...

Hope this helps...
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hal,
Look a little closer there is at least one illustration of the tarp in all three manuals. The last manual shows the illustration in the parts listing.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
bubagun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the link to that site and was overwhelmed. New windows just kept opening without being prompted. Any other source? I have a couple of images of trailers with covers ...but nothing definative. Thanks.
OKCM38CDN

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the photo from the later tech manual that Wes suggested...

I tied my figure 8 knots so that they would be under the canvas, then fed the ropes to the "J" hooks...

The corners do the same just place the figure 8 knots under the front and back of the canvas...

email me if you would like the manual, I can send it to you, it is a fairly large file...

Hope this helps...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: