Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

WTB M38 distributor breaker plate tabs
Hodakaguy M38 Misc Thread
1950 M38 no reading on the dash amp meter
Transfer Case rebuild issues
Zerks causing trouble.
1952 M38 converting to 12V
M38A1 Slave Bucket location
M274 A3 Mule For Sale
flywheel advice
conversion from a 12 volt system back to a 24 volt system

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - John Bizal of Midwest Military has had a heart issue and see
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John Bizal of Midwest Military has had a heart issue and see
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Announcements, News, Humor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:57 pm    Post subject: John Bizal of Midwest Military has had a heart issue and see Reply with quote

Here's a post from his web site on facebook:

Quote:

Midwest Military
rtpoondesSf30
85m50it63c89lihu130tl1c
h
9atflau03liu9taiu44a04
·
Hello Facebook friends and followers. Many of you have heard the news on the internet and social media already but I wanted to post it here on our page... It is true ... our fearless and formidable owner and friend, and my loving husband of almost 40 years, John Bizal, has taken a bit of a stumble. Last Friday night while working out at the gym he sadly had a cardiac arrest. Fortunately for him he was given CPR and medical help immediately so we are at this point pretty optimistic for a complete recovery. We are starting a Caring Bridge site with more details of his health as he moves forward through this challenge. I will post the link soon. As for the challenge of running our business without him while he recovers, we are uncertain at this time what the days ahead will bring and how we can possibly fulfill orders in the timely manner that you are accustomed to. We have a pretty close-knit community here and I know you will be patient and understanding as we navigate through this. We also have a great group of friends and family that have offered to step up and help. We will continue to give updates here for business news and progress. Thank you for your patience but mostly thank you for all the prayers, good wishes, love, concern and support coming to us from all corners of the world. We are truly grateful and blessed.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
DaveM38A1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Praying for a quick recovery for John. He is the reason my M38A1's are running. Hope to see him up and about soon.

Dave
whydahdvr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please share all our best wishes for a quick and healthy recovery! Scary stuff...
1952 M38
1964 Apollo 5000 GT

De Opresso Liber
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:41 pm    Post subject: Update on John's progress Reply with quote

Quote:
Red Bull Historic Military Vehicle Association
Shelley 'Haugen' Landgraf ·
3h
·
Here is an update from John Bizal's Caring Bridge page 1/22/2024)(Steve is having phone issues);
The update tonight is surgery was postponed until tomorrow. 😔 It was a busy day, with all the different departments, neurology, cardiology, radiology all doing their part to prepare John for the surgery team. They had to put a scope down John's throat to get a better look at the mitro valve, neurology had to do their assessments, radiology did the angiogram. All of this took up so much of the day that the surgery had to wait until tomorrow. Ugh. So much waiting. Good news is everything looks good to go. The angiogram came back totally clear, meaning absolutely no blockages!! That is what the cardiologist expected. Confirmation that this cardiac event was totally caused by the leaking valve or the flailing leaflet is actually what they called it today. (Yes that supposedly is the technical term not a funny nickname.)

The bad news is it is so hard to wait. Another day with John still intubated, and sedated. I just want to be able to talk to his cranky ol' self really soon!! And tell him what is going on! I want to look him in the eyes and tell him I love him. And tell him how so many people, at least a couple hundred, are rooting for him and praying for him. I want to read all your messages out loud to him. I want to show him how much love is out there for him. I know he will be humbled by it all. I know I am. Thank you all again.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
DaveM38A1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had that surgery about 20 years ago. It's not as invasive now with a little incision instead of them splitting me open and putting a ceramic ring in the heart. Praying for a quick recovery, you will feel much better when it's all done.
Get well soon. Praying for John and his family.

Dave
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the new processes are less invasive. And usually more successful when prompt medical care is secured early. I watched my Dad go thru open heart usrgery twice, 1974 and 1983. I had my first attack in 2006 recieving 3 stents the easy way and 2007 the second with 4 more stents. And finally 2016 got me a mild stroke with a 96% plugged left main artery. The medical care had me back on my feet in just days! At 76 I am doing just fine. So I am seeing a good ride yet for John when this is over.

DaveM38A1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you're doing good now, Wes. Just after they repaired my valve because of a broken leaflet, they came out with much less invasive techniques. I know John will feel so much better after he recovers.
Praying for a speedy recovery.

Dave
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:09 am    Post subject: John is improving Reply with quote

This was posted on his Facebook Midwest Mil. Page today by Rory,

Midwest Military

I read all of the messages here on the Midwest Military Facebook Page to John today and he was really humbled and moved. He is feeling so much better and is improving leaps and bounds by the hour. Just wanted you all to see his smiling self.

whydahdvr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!!
1952 M38
1964 Apollo 5000 GT

De Opresso Liber
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like John stopped at the shop on the way home today!.

Welsome Back John!

RICKG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shot, he looks good for the cantankerous character he is. Thanks for the positive update.
DaveM38A1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you're doing better. Had one of those pillows. Don't want another one.
Looking forward to you supplying many more years of parts.

Dave
GIJOE290

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw this posting. Hope you're feeling better soon John!
Serial #56535
"The Green Goat"

Restoration Begins Summer 2005! ...Er Maybe 2006? 2010? 2015? 202...?
G740

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:18 am    Post subject: Cardiac update Reply with quote

I am home and in cardiac rehab. Walking several miles 3 times a week already. I did not have a heart attack, I have a mechanical valve failure. Unlike some of your comments, I was not able to have the robotic surgery between the ribs. I had my sternum split, so the recovery for me will be 12 weeks. Mid April before my restrictions are lifted. I am doing very well considering how close to death's door I was.
Thanks for all the well wishes.
John
Mike_B

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update John! Glad to hear you're on the mend...

Mike B Smile
1951 M100 Trailer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Announcements, News, Humor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: