Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Battery cut off in motor compartment?
Cross Member Radiator Tabs
WTB M38 distributor breaker plate tabs
Hodakaguy M38 Misc Thread
1950 M38 no reading on the dash amp meter
Transfer Case rebuild issues
Zerks causing trouble.
1952 M38 converting to 12V
M38A1 Slave Bucket location
M274 A3 Mule For Sale

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - New member from Canada
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New member from Canada
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Announcements, News, Humor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim38A1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys, I am Jimmy from St-Jerome, north of Montreal, Born in Trois-Rivieres. I own a M38A1 CDN 1953 restored in 1990 and rolling since than. I am planning to fully restore it next fall, so i may need all your help. I am happy to see that there is other Canadien (Quebecers) on this site.

Hey, M38CDNBILL,

I am amaze to see that you are from Trois-Rivieres, I have a couple picture that was taken some years ago in Trois-Rivieres, i will post them on the site soon, keep looking, you will reconnized a typical location right downtown were i spend some weekend during my young days.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Jim38A1
JohnnySdodgem37

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI**Jim38A1**I am from peninsula Acadienne *Lameque N.B. and welcome on this forum Wink I have a 1955 dodge M37cdn for restoration So if you have some ads. for parts in Quebec or in Canada I like to know if possible and if you need some ads. in USA. i have lots for you Very Happy Very Happy Have a fun with restoration and I hope to hearing you very soon Wink A+++ un ami de dodge JohnnySdodgem37 Wink Wink
Jim38A1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI JohnnySdodgem37.

Thanks for the welcoming note. I do not have much parts for your M37 even if i wish, one day, to own one of these baby....Tha's a man vehicule.

Friend of mine use to have one and it was so sharp to drive it. I believe i have some picture of this, i will post the pic's as soon as they will be scanned. Check the picture gallery.

Cheers

Jim38a1 Very Happy Very Happy
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree the M37 is the M38 on steroids. Fantastic truck. When I get my M38 and MB done I am thinking M37 then Chevy 1.5 Ton.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

Last edited by wesk on Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
M38CDNBill

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wesk wrote:
When I get my M38 and MB done I am thinking M37 them Chevy 1.5 Ton.

AAAAHHHH! We are in the same mood Wes and the Chevy G506 is a nice looking fantastic truck. Actually, I sold one of my M38CDNs and I'm starting soon a frame off on my new Willys MB. However, I don't forget my dream to have a Chevy in few years.

Jim38A1 wrote:
Hi Guy, I am Jimmy from St-Jerome, north of Montreal, Born in Trois-Rivieres. I own a M38A1 CDN 1953 restored in 1990 and rolling since than.

Happy to read you Jimmy. I beleive that another M38CDN jeeper lives in north of Montreal, Jacques his name and we can see his pictures in the photo gallery. Did you with us last summer for the parade at Farnham? Many jeepers came at this parade and I can't spoke with all of them.

Cheers from Trois-Rivieres
Jim38A1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I did not drive much last summer, since my M38A1 is due to make over. Tire are worn out and my main electrical harness is falling in dust. I may drive it a little bit this summer, just to remove the dust out of it and than start my rework on it this fall. The last couple of years i have been building two houses plus working full time somewhere else, so the jeep hobby was put on the side. Thanks for the input about Jacques, i do not know him, but i thing i saw him somewhere. I use to do some shows in the past at Mirabel airport during airshow, use to go in Chambly and ste_agathe and Lachute. We are about half of dozen of guys that owns M38A1 around here and they all driving their jeep.

I found one picture on my computer at work, that is about 10 years old, My M38 is the one on the right, i will try to put it on the site. Look for file Jim38A1.

Alright, i have to go back to work, unless nothing will be done.

talk to you later.

Jim38A1
Jim38A1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK
I figure out the way to post a picture on the post. How do we do to post picture on the photo galery on this site?

Here is the picture that i was talking about:

Hope that worked.

Jim38A1
north-shore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Very Happy

Wow you have a lot of jeep Wink

PS my neighbor is from st-jérome Wink
Jim38A1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No no!!! i wish to but they are not mine, only the right hand is mine, that was 10 years ago, when i use to drive alot. More picture to come, may be next week.

Jim38A1 Wink
bobthefrog

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: too many M38A1's Reply with quote

You can never have too many Jeeps in one place.My Jeepin buddy,who had an M38A1 and l ,would have loved to have a few more mates who shared our passion for the M38, M38A1's.We attracted a fair amount of attention as a duo.That was back in the 70's.As it stands now,l am the only Jeep-nut in my part of the Gaspe peninsula.Maybe l could pursuade someone from Montreal or Trois-Rivieres,or St.Jerome to move to la Belle Penisule?
Jim38A1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salut Bobthefrog,

Keep crossing your finger!!! My parents and my sister leaves in Baie des sables on the 132, and i have a hard time to go see them ones a year.
It will be a good trip to drive along the fleuve or do the gaspesie tour and stop by your place...For now my M38A1 is not in shape to do that trip.

Jim38A1
bobthefrog

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Baie des Chaleurs or Bust Reply with quote

Allo again Jim.It would be a pleasure to meet you and talk Jeeps.I am not very hard to find.Keep me posted on your intentions.
I am a Franco-Ontarien who's Grand Papa came from the St.Jerome area.Does St. Michael D'Argenteuil ring a bell?
Keep on a Jeepin
bobthefrog
remi_emond

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm also in Quebec, near Quebec city
[img]http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?full=1&set_albumName=Remi-Emond&id=2006_05_28_32&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php[/img]
Remi
St-Nicolas, QC
52-31795
F-101782
bobthefrog

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Remi and fellow M38 enthusiasts.I am light years from driving my M38 but l hoping someone can help me out with some historical info.My M38 belonged to the 8th Canadian Hussars when they were stationned in Petawawa in the 60's.I would like to dress it up like it was then.Can anyone provide me with information on TAC numbers appropriate to the time frame and the Regiment.Many thanks.
Keep on M38'ing
bobthefrog
Canuck_M38CDN

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone.

I thought that I would post a "Hello from Canada" message as well. I just purchased a 1952 M38 CDN last September and I will hopefully begin restoration this fall. I am located north of Toronto.

Its has serial number F-100039 and the CAR # is partially visible to be 52-30065. It appears that this is a very early M38 CDN.

This website has been a wealth of information and I would like to say keep up the great work!

Pete
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Announcements, News, Humor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: