Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

WTB M38 distributor breaker plate tabs
Hodakaguy M38 Misc Thread
1950 M38 no reading on the dash amp meter
Transfer Case rebuild issues
Zerks causing trouble.
1952 M38 converting to 12V
M38A1 Slave Bucket location
M274 A3 Mule For Sale
flywheel advice
conversion from a 12 volt system back to a 24 volt system

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Jeep PTOs and equipment
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jeep PTOs and equipment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Announcements, News, Humor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davem201m38

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Jeep PTOs and equipment Reply with quote

I know this isn't a 'M' jeeps thing, which is why I've put it on this section of the forum;
but as a I'm planning on starting to do some demonstrations with the jeeps at our static shows I need some advice that I can't get this side of the pond.
(why I'm doing this is an essay in itself)
So here goes;
1. Is the 4 bolt mounting for the belt pulley to the PTO gearbox a standard pattern? I think it might be.

2. are the flanges that that attach the shafts to the drive shafts between the PTO drive and the rear mounted gearbox available as spare parts.

3. Is there a web site / page for jeep PTO stuff, I can't find one. But I can find bits on jeep ptos.

4. Apart from the ptos that bolt to the rear of the transfer box there apears to be another type that bolts up to the bottom of the transfer box? any information greatfully recieved.
many thanks,
Dave.
kickstartcycles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try a search for Herb the overdrive guy on google. I think his site has some pics and information. He is the best resource I know of for both overdrive and PTO parts.

There was an PTO that bolted to the bottom of the transfer case. I think it was made to go on the Dana 20 transfer case. The Dana 20 transfer case was used with a centered rear differential so the rear output was moved to directly behind the input. I have used a Dana 20 case with Dana 18 internals a couple of times. All of them I have seen have the larger intermediate shaft 1.25 inches. I find a lot more Dana 20 cases than 18s.
48cj2a

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some PTO info on my site http://48cj2a.com/PTOs.htm

If you want more added, let me know exactly what you want to see and I'll see what I can do.

I do not have a pulley yet (been looking for quite a while) I don't care to pay the outrageous eBay price for one, but I may end up having to bit the bullet.

I know enough people that do, that I should be able to get pictures or dimentions of the various pieces.

I'm looking for a Koenig model 50 or 58 and will trade any of my other PTOs see on the site for it.
48 CJ2A #194287 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
45 T3-C #191
48 T3-C #25038
?? T3-C no dataplate
85 M-1009 CUCV
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
davem201m38

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies, greatly appreciated.

Is there a name / size for the keyed UJ that comes off these ptos.

For demo purposes for next season I'm thinking of running a buzz saw off the back of one of my jeeps or may-be hitch up to a fire pump (centrifuge).

Also, our club chairman is thinking of puttingtogether a 'fire jeep' and mounting a centrifuge pump on he front of jeep.

There doesn't seem to be a willys jeep pto web site or even specific book so I'm just gathering infomation.
This side of the pond there is no culture of infomation as these things are SO RARE.
So thanks, appreciated,
Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Announcements, News, Humor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: