Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Compression testing results.
Rear brake cyclinder compatability
T90 inspection before action?
M38 Radio Power Cable/Connector
Wanted to buy - C-375/VRC
Battery cut off in motor compartment?
Cross Member Radiator Tabs
WTB M38 distributor breaker plate tabs
Hodakaguy M38 Misc Thread
1950 M38 no reading on the dash amp meter

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - What jeep is this?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What jeep is this?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
idacurt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: What jeep is this? Reply with quote

Hi everyone,I would like to introduce myself.
My name is Curt and I live in Idaho.My wifes father just passed and we were given a jeep that is still in Los Angeles.
I have these pictures of it but dont know a thing about military jeeps,maybe some of the experts can help me out as to what it is and maybe the value of it?
We thought about restoring it but funds are tight and my wife thinks maybe selling it would be the best idea?
Any info would be appreciated.

Edit: I will try to figure how to add pics,Sorry

idacurt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets try this

[/img]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg200/idacurt/jeep3.jpg[img]

wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Curt,
It's a very modified WWII Willys MB. The original L134 engine has been replaced with a much later F134 engine. The gas tank has been updated to a civvy setup with the added external filler tube replacing the original under seat setup. The windshield is from a CJ3A. No seats, no dash serial plates, no combat wheels, looks like some Bubba welding on the front frame. The later and taller F134 engine resulted in a hole in the hood for the carb to clear and the odd racing hood tie downs instead of the original side latches. A photo of the rear of the jeep would have been nice to have. I assume no seats and no original fuel tank or blackout lighting and switches. If she runs she'll probably pull about $1500 out there. Springs are rough, tires are scrap and I'll bet the brakes are not working.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
idacurt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wesk,
Thank you for the reply.
I have not seen it in person yet(I will next week)My wife took these pictures but forgot to do the rear panel,she did tell me that someone put a flat sheet of steel over the back?? so you cant see the ford emblem,Yuck!

I was thinking of restoring this but I bet the engine does not run and to me the rest of it looks ruff.
I do think it has parts that maybe of use to help others restore their jeep so I want to make sure it gets used and not scrapped.
I was offered $600 for it and wanted to find out if that was a good price?
Thanks again
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ford script was why I wanted to see the back. Without any serials to work with it will be tough. You either have a transplanted Ford GPW tub on an MB chassis or you have one of the very few GPW's that Ford built on Willys frames. If the frame is a Willys MB frame it will have a serial tag fastened to the inside of the left frame rail just behind the bumper. If it is a Ford built GPW on a Willys supplied frame it will have the GPWxxxxxx serail stamped on the top of the left frame rail just forward of the brake master cylinder. If it is a true Ford built jeep bump the price up to $2000 or so.

Willys MB dash serial plate

Late Willys MB frame rail tag.

Ford GPW dash serial plate.

Ford GPW frame serial stamp.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: