Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

M38 Radio Power Cable/Connector
Wanted to buy - C-375/VRC
Battery cut off in motor compartment?
Cross Member Radiator Tabs
WTB M38 distributor breaker plate tabs
Hodakaguy M38 Misc Thread
1950 M38 no reading on the dash amp meter
Transfer Case rebuild issues
Zerks causing trouble.
1952 M38 converting to 12V

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - 1944 ford gpw $8500.00 sold pending payment
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1944 ford gpw $8500.00 sold pending payment

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cannons

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: 1944 ford gpw $8500.00 sold pending payment Reply with quote

1944 Ford GPW
Vehicle Description

1944 Ford GPW for sale. This is a great jeep for a WWII Re-enactor which was what I intended to use the jeep for. Lots of Ford Script Parts, original chassis, running gear and body.

Chassis:-

Chassis is in great condition. When I bought the jeep, it had a farm plow on the front of it that I took off and no damage was done to the chassis. All the running gear seems to be in good running order.

Engine:-

Engine is Ford Scripted. I was told when I bought the jeep the engine had been just rebuilt and I have no cause to doubt this as it runs very well. All gears work and transmission case drops into 4 wheel drive and runs. I do feel the clutch is a little weak and may need replacing in the future.

Body Tub:-

Jeep has its original body tub. When I sanded down the hood it had a Surplus decommisioned 1946 under the paint. The front floors of this jeep had previously been replaced and whoever did the work did a good job. The bottom of the two rear tool boxes had been plated as had the fuel tank bottom. Not such a good job done on those. I have cut out the rust in the usual places on the side and the foot plates and replaced them with fresh metal. Jeep has recently been sprayed and is ready for re-enactments.

Gauges:-

All gauges seem to work fine.

Original Data Plates are still on the glove box.

Driver side windshield is cracked.

Jeep runs and drives straight. I have noticed a slight weeping from the master cylinder which may need replacing. All in All, with a little money invested into this jeep, it will make someone an excellant vehicle to add to your collection. Moving forces sale. More pics on request or www.44fordgpw.mypicgallery.com

your welcome to come and see the jeep if you have any questions please call me 315 222 8830

Last edited by cannons on Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:01 pm; edited 5 times in total
vetteman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cannons, just wondering where the GPW is located. AL
cannons

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: gpw Reply with quote

im located in upstate New York near watertown thanks for asking
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> For Sale All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: