Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Wiper motor...which is the correct one?
Lead additive, one more question.
M31C mount with or without replica weapon
Backfire and Hesitation
Wanted: Steering column and shaft for M38-1952, or late CJ2A
2024 CT. MILITARY VEHICLE SHOW AND FLEA MARKET- JUNE 15,2024
Brake Line
How to link full size photos in posts
Clutch release bearing support cast tab for return spring
T90 case replacement required?

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Midwest Mil rebuilt carb
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midwest Mil rebuilt carb

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> M Series Parts Supply & Service Review
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jameydan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Midwest Mil rebuilt carb Reply with quote

I finished installing my rebuilt carb on my M38A1. I purchased it at MWM, and could not be happier! After rebuilding my original once, with a "quality" kit, and suffering with consistent fuel issues, I was thrilled with how the jeep ran. It had sat for 2 years, and fired up on a below freezing day (with new gas). Runs perfect.

What an improvement and thumbs up to John and MWM.

Now onto the leaky tank and the loose steering....

JW
53a1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never gone wrong with MWM.
swat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John is one of the most reliable suppliers we have. Always quality, whether purchasing or talking.
major519

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A prime example why buying domestic is well worth it.
The old addage, "you get what you pay for..."
oilleaker1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto on John and Al over in Prior Lake. There would be a big hole left in our hobby if he quit. Hope he turns into a Billionaire! He needs to buy one of everything and make parts to fix it. That way the rest of us can benefit Laughing Laughing John
swat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, let's not make John a Billionaire. Then he would need to turn his company over to a board of directors and the stock holders, and we would start getting shxt from China. Millionaire will do just fine!
53a1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No, let's not make John a Billionaire. Then he would need to turn his company over to a board of directors and the stock holders, and we would start getting shxt from China. Millionaire will do just fine!

I love this comment and couldn't agree more. This is at the core of why we are in trouble.
oilleaker1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, exageration was fun, but yes, no China stuff please. John needs to reassure us this won't happen. We don't need to boycott him yet! Shocked john
major519

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone noticed how Corporate America has even tried to fool the public by the continued useage of American brand names on products while making the crap offshore?
I remember when I used to buy auto parts years ago and all the offshore stuff was "white box" or went by some trade name that nobody ever heard of.
It used to be that when you bought things like MOOG, Snap ON, Levi, Fram etc you were buying quality.
Sneaky buggers have even lowered their bar further while trying to fool the public with "Made in America" labelling with the fine print "with foreign sourced components" or "Assembled in the USA" from foreign made components.
Same issue up here in Canada and we wonder why the economies of our countries are in such trouble.
The way I see it, sooner or later the Chinese will run out of junk to sell as nobody here will have any money to buy it.
Don't worry America (Canada), you will never go to war with the Chinese, they will take us over economically without ever firing a shot...
This is part of the bigger picture as well; we cannot impose tarriffs on their goods because our politicians have already allowed too much foreign investment; if we did they would call in their loans etc and bankrupt the economy.
Raider2532

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: M38A1 Carb troubles Reply with quote

I am having issues with my carb on my M38A1. Where/who did you get yours from? Phone # or website thanks
vrod02

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: M38A1 Carb troubles Reply with quote

Raider2532 wrote:
I am having issues with my carb on my M38A1. Where/who did you get yours from? Phone # or website thanks

http://www.midwestmilitary.net/

Iwill ditto other members here with John B. CLASS ACT.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> M Series Parts Supply & Service Review All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: