Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Wiper motor...which is the correct one?
Lead additive, one more question.
M31C mount with or without replica weapon
Backfire and Hesitation
Wanted: Steering column and shaft for M38-1952, or late CJ2A
2024 CT. MILITARY VEHICLE SHOW AND FLEA MARKET- JUNE 15,2024
Brake Line
How to link full size photos in posts
Clutch release bearing support cast tab for return spring
T90 case replacement required?

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Replacement floor panel for M-100 trailer.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Replacement floor panel for M-100 trailer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> M100 & other 1/4 T trailers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dv3468

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Replacement floor panel for M-100 trailer. Reply with quote

Smile Gentlemen: Does anyone know where I can get a replacement floor panel for an M-100 trailer besides DL. Bensingers and Jeep panels plus?

Thanks Dennis.
wilfreeman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not seen many replies to the question about M100 floor panels. I have seen 3 options: 1)Jeeppanelsplus, which is out of business, but may have some ill fitting pieces left in stock; 2)US made - $500, sold by Midwest Military mainly, but have seen the same price at other parts dealers, so they are probably the same; and 3)MD Juan - $160.

I have been one of the main guys here complaining and trying to convince people to spend a little extra and buy the "correctly made" US replacement parts or NOS. This thinking comes from years of buying overseas repo parts that were nowhere near correct, either in dimensions or quality.

Now, I MIGHT be in the market for a trailer floor - I haven't decided whether to replace the whole thing or patch what I have. After seeing the difference in price between the US made part and MD Juan part ($500 + shipping versus $159, free shipping) - $340!, I am tempted to give MD Juan one more shot!

Don't get me wrong, I am not completely reversing my decision about NOS or US made parts. I know it takes a lot of money to develop the tooling and tweak the process before the part is ready for release. But 3 times the price is more than a little excessive. I guess if you are making the only "US made, perfect reproduction" panel, you can ask whatever you want!

Now, I see that Midwest sells the rear crossmember for something like $52. I didn't see an MD Juan version. I need to replace all 3 of my crossmembers, so I will have to figure something out on that.[/u]
'51 USMC M100 trailer, '54 M100 trailer, '90 M101a1 trailer
Http://wilfreeman.wordpress.com (M38a1 build blog)
http://m38a1usmc.wordpress.com (USMC M38a1 rebuild blog)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
wilfreeman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:27 am    Post subject: Answers from Md Juan Reply with quote

I FINALLY received the answers to my questions from MD Juan:

As you can see, the metal thickness is about 1.5mm(about 16g, so it IS thinner metal - original is 14g). Dimensions are the same as I measured on my tub. I guess the replacement would be fine as long as you aren't throwing heavy stuff in the tub to dent it up. This might be hard to do for guys that USE their trailer, but might be ok for MVPA show. I guess that since I will USE mine, I would just have to be careful! Now, to decide whether to replace the whole floor or patch it!

Dear sir,

Here the answers to you questions:

1. Metal thickness of our trailer floor panels – 1.5mm
2. dimensions of our floor panel 96cm x 183 cm
3. flange to flange measurement of the floor panel 96cm x 183cm

They DO come with the 2 floor drains with retainers (no drain plugs, but they also sell those)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
wilfreeman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, I made a mistake when I measured the thickness of my flloor pan metal. I measured the thickness of the drain plug flange, thinking it was the same thickness as the floor pan. It measured about .075", or 14g.

I started thinking about it this afternoon and measured a different area. it measured about .058", which IS 16g. So, the metal gauge they are using IS the correct thickness, and the dimensions are also correct on their replacement floor panels.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> M100 & other 1/4 T trailers All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: