Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Wiper motor...which is the correct one?
Lead additive, one more question.
M31C mount with or without replica weapon
Backfire and Hesitation
Wanted: Steering column and shaft for M38-1952, or late CJ2A
2024 CT. MILITARY VEHICLE SHOW AND FLEA MARKET- JUNE 15,2024
Brake Line
How to link full size photos in posts
Clutch release bearing support cast tab for return spring
T90 case replacement required?

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Rural Minnesota M100 Find
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rural Minnesota M100 Find

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> M100 & other 1/4 T trailers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeepman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Rural Minnesota M100 Find Reply with quote

Here is my M100 Dunbar Kappel that I found in a rural Minnesota salvage yard in late October.It has all the original data plates ,built 9-52 ,inspected by RKH.I paid $100 for it.Hopefully the pictures will show:[img][img][url=http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/showphoto.php?photo=125252&title=m100-left-side&cat=500][img][url=http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/showphoto.php?photo=125251&title=m100-as-found&cat=500][img][url=http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/showphoto.php?photo=125251&title=m100-as-found&cat=500][img]http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/data/500/thumbs/008_640x480_.jpg[img][/img][img][url=http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/showphoto.php?photo=125250&title=m100-right-side&cat=500][/img]
wilfreeman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't beat that unless it was free! I thought I got a good deal on mine for 200. The floor looks good from what I can see too. Great find!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jeepman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Floor Reply with quote

Unfortunately the front foot of the floor and the lower part of the front panel is rusted out .Just does not show in my pictures.Also no military hitch or landing leg present but consider it a good start especially with uncut rear panel.I can put a few hundred into it and still make a profit IF I ever sell it.Never thought I would find one let alone only 5 miles from my jeep.Has original tailights and Guide A2 reflectors with Guidex lens.May have original tires they are Goodyears stamped military 1953.The rims are M38/M38a1 with the one small hole next to one of the lug bolt holes.Safely tucked away in one of my sisters barns for the winter.
wilfreeman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, still a good find and deal - very fixable.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jeepman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.I am 2 1/2 years into restoring a 1943 MB from ground up.Hope to have engine running before the new year.The trailer will be on the back burner for awhile but was too good to pass up.Will hopefully some day be rolling along behind the MB on the road
wilfreeman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my '54 m38a1 running again (after sitting 13yrs) this week. She started her journey to restoration 13 yrs ago, and after the family was taken car of I got back to her.

What a great feeling it was to hear her fire up and keep running - all of the smoke and exhaust leak noise making it all that much more exciting! I didn't know if she was going to blow or line out. After a few starts and short runs and adjustments and tightening stuff, most of the bad noises are gone along with the smoke. Great feeling!

My m100 will probably get blasted and paint and wiring in the spring, as soon as the 'a1 is done.
jeepman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: New Pics Reply with quote

Am going to try to post pictures of data plates and complete serial number on rear of my trailer:[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]
sasquach

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeepman My serial # is 381011 and only 10 after yours. All I can make out is the 9-52 and the RKH as well as the faint 381011, I am trying to read your tag for the maker and unable to see in photo but is it a Dunbar Kapple as you said? I have been led to beleive the zinc or aluminum tags were Fayette Co. so would be interested to hear what yours does say as well as any other stamings it may have.
Thanks
jeepman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sasquach,my data plate definitely says Dunbar Kapple.If you look closely at my picture,you can see the bar of Dunbar above the 38 followed by the Kapple above the1001.Never thought one would turn up here this close in serial number.What condition is yours in and where is it located?Getting a better picture will have to wait till spring.1-it is a 112 miles from my home in my sisters barn and 2 -it is buried in the back of a unlighted barn.But like I said it is definitely a Dunbar Kapple.
sasquach

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that now one more piece of the puzzle is solved. I found my trailer not far from my home in Ca., I will be doing a write up with pics soon but the basic condition was solid other than being highly molested and conveted to a generator plant for search and rescue base camp power needs.
The trailer has all the features of yours with no cable plug or drilling in the front frame corner and the Zink/tin? data plates. It has no markings of any kind left as the exterior was sandblasted bare including (plates) when converted to generator use.
jeepman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to your write up and pictures.As you can see by my pictures your Army registration number was proably 01381011.

Last edited by jeepman on Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The painted numbers are actually Army Registration Numbers. The Marines, Navy and USAF use different registration numbering systems. The serial number is the number on the metal data plate provided by the manufacturer.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
sasquach

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the clarification. I was concidering using my fathers GI # since I was unsure of the correct USA number, he served in Korea so it seemed fitting to me.
Well I have a bit of work before I paint #'s anyway Wink
jeepman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeepman wrote:
Looking forward to your write up and pictures.As you can see by my pictures your Army registration number was proably 01381011.
Note to Wesk and Sasquatch,I wrote the above while on sick day with a severe sinus infection,I meant to use registration instead of the word serial in the original post.As you can see I have edited it.
sasquach

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, I understood your meaning anyway.
Hope your feeling better!

Got a Fedex delivery today with some really nice fenders, landing leg + bracket and tail lights with solid red lens(no blackout) from a guy modifying an Air Force trailer Shocked .
He said it was all yellow complete with all markings but he wanted an expedition type jeep trailer instead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> M100 & other 1/4 T trailers All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: