Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Zerks causing trouble.
1952 M38 converting to 12V
M38A1 Slave Bucket location
M274 A3 Mule For Sale
flywheel advice
conversion from a 12 volt system back to a 24 volt system
M151 A2 + M416 Trailer For Sale
M38 ignition points condensor
TM9-8015-1 Clarification
Wiper motor...which is the correct one?

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - willysjeepparts.com anyone order from them?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

willysjeepparts.com anyone order from them?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> M Series Parts Supply & Service Review
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SledDog

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: willysjeepparts.com anyone order from them? Reply with quote

Has anyone had experience with ordering parts from www.willysjeepparts.com? Their pricing seems to be in line on most items but have not seen them discussed here.
wilfreeman

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have ordered from him a couple of times. Decent prices, and quick shipping. The first time was water pump rebuild parts - he was very helpful and pleasant. The second time I was trying to order windshield glass rubber - I talked to a woman first, but she didn't know the answer to my questions, so she said she would get him to call me back. He never called back, so I called them. This time, he had an attitude and was very short with me - acted like he couldn't care less about my order. I look at it like everybody has a bad day, so I let it slide. I didn't order the rubber from him by the way. I'm not letting this one incident blackball him - I will order from him again if I really need something he is selling.
'51 USMC M100 trailer, '54 M100 trailer, '90 M101a1 trailer
Http://wilfreeman.wordpress.com (M38a1 build blog)
http://m38a1usmc.wordpress.com (USMC M38a1 rebuild blog)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
idiocrates

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ordered from Jungle Jim several times in the past (though probably not in over a year now). To the best of my recollection I received everything I ordered promptly and correctly. The one slight hiccup I experienced was with some TO tie rods......I had to make a couple of calls to find out when (or if) they were ever going to ship them....but they did and I received them and everything was okay. Generally, I would rate them as a satisfactory and trustworthy supplier.

'?? - M38A-1
SledDog

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information. I'm going to give him a shot with few items.
citabra

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have placed several orders with Jungle Jim and been pleased with the price but shipping was high.
I did have an issue when several pieces did not fit due to vague description and one piece I just flat out ordered wrong. When I called to return them, Jim was very unforgiving, I felt like I was in high school at the principal's office. I basically got chewed out by a vendor. So....
even though the website is sexy and cool not everything displayed is in stock.
After placing numerous orders from most of the vendors out there, I have come to the conclusion that John Bizal at Midwest Military and Peter Debella are the absolute best to deal with. Even though you need to call to place an order (other than shopping online), when you speak to either of these two gentlemen, they are very helpful, always send the right part, and they understand that most of us don't rebuild jeeps for a living.

Hopefully I am not violating any rules by mentioning names but the truth is what it is.
whydahdvr

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll second the experience with Peter DeBella. He's a bit crusty but once you've talked to him a few times and ordered from him a few times he's easy to deal with - no chit-chat just up front business. He races in the Summer too so is not always around but he ships quickly, no issues with returns, and always helps to clarify a part need when you talk to him.
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hopefully I am not violating any rules by mentioning names but the truth is what it is.

No problem, it is what this site is for. If I feel anyone is making an unfair assessment then I will arbitrate between the two and if needed remove the post. Wink

Quote:
He's a bit crusty but once you've talked to him a few times

This is a common issue. If we give it some serious thought from a vendor's perspective he has a 12 to 16 hour day in his business. He's in business to make a profit. So time is an important and a hard to manage asset. Most really good vendors I have dealt with since about 1970 are often short on the phone. This is because they are BUSY people. I am self employed and have the same issue with time. Out of the blue interruptions are the worse case. When we email someone or place an online order that person decides when he wants to deal with the contact. When we call then even though it is on our dime the time we are taking away from the vendor is valuable and often irreplaceable. Many times we have taken the vendor away from a big project or he may have three customers hitting him at once. You, one in the store and another on email. So try to keep this in mind when you call into these vendors shops.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
kendak

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: parts Reply with quote

willys parts is way out of line on price...Ron Fitzpatrick [G503]..best price ,fast ship ,good on the phone...try them
'51 M38, '52 M38, CJ3B, CJ2A, MVPA #34129, NRA Life, Extra Class N5MCZ
wilfreeman

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On some things - yes. Some things he is better. Same with all of the parts dealers. I'm not defending or dogging him - we need to support as many dealers as we can, because we can't afford to lose any. Can you imagine only being able to buy parts off of ebay or only being able to buy omix ada parts?
'51 USMC M100 trailer, '54 M100 trailer, '90 M101a1 trailer
Http://wilfreeman.wordpress.com (M38a1 build blog)
http://m38a1usmc.wordpress.com (USMC M38a1 rebuild blog)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SledDog

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I ordered the parts and they arrived 3 days later with no issues. So far, pretty satisfied.
jimm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience was very much like citabra's. It was our first jeep parts order on our project, and we liked the nice web site. Shipping wasn't prompt, and he charged about twice what the UPS calculator showed for the weight and distance and more than that on a similar package that came all the way across the country instead of just one state away. When I questioned him he got cross with me and I decided right then and there that I wouldn't do any more business with him. I returned one item that fit an MB instead of an M38 (despite asking him on the phone if it was what I needed) and never got a refund - confirmation of my earlier decision. I don't go out of my way to bring this up, but if someone asks, I don't have any problem with telling the truth as I see it. You can find similar stories with a web search.
SledDog

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Jimm, now that you say that, I am having an issue with the shipping charges! When the parts arrived, there was an order confirmation in the box with the exact amount of the parts listed on his site. There was a hand written note that the receipt would be mailed to me separately.

That receipt arrived the other day and there was an additional $18.00 tacked on for S&H!! He shipped everything in a USPS flat rate box which costs $9.00. I don't mind an additional 10-15% added to shipping but whoa!
jimm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, there ya go. He claims he charges only actual shipping costs. Maybe that's his cost from his supplier AND the cost to ship it out! Must not realize that it is pretty easy for a customer these days to know what the actual shipping costs are, what with the online calculators. A flat rate box is a no-brainer.
I got socked with a $67 charge for a 20 lb package, ground, from Yuma to Escondido and another item that was dropped shipped from Reno. UPS says under $20 for the 20 lb., and I don't see why I should have had to pay the drop ship charge for something he didn't happen to have in stock. So my recollection of "about twice" was a bit off Mad
bl5211a

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: jungle jim Reply with quote

i am very easing going, but this jungle jim guy shafted me.. I had placed a few orders in past and parts were received ok.

Anyways - my last order was very bad experience. I paid a premium for what i thought was going to be USA parts or at least USA Brand per his website. Received parts that were not USA nor USA branded. Called him and he chewed me out like i was uneducated and un-experienced. parts he sent were the same parts i passed on from other venders for less money. Moral of the story. HE advertises falsely USA parts..

My order was also incomplete (Parts missing)..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> M Series Parts Supply & Service Review All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: