Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

WTB M38 distributor breaker plate tabs
Hodakaguy M38 Misc Thread
1950 M38 no reading on the dash amp meter
Transfer Case rebuild issues
Zerks causing trouble.
1952 M38 converting to 12V
M38A1 Slave Bucket location
M274 A3 Mule For Sale
flywheel advice
conversion from a 12 volt system back to a 24 volt system

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Hello from the Philippines. I'm Rommel from MDJuan
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello from the Philippines. I'm Rommel from MDJuan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> M Series Parts Supply & Service Review
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Balvar24

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rommel,

Does your group produce the CJ5/M38a1 fenders without the marker indent?

Thanks!
RommelJuan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes we make the CJ5/m38a1 without marker indent

but we still do not have the ribbings for the inside skirt:

All for one at MDJuan!

https://www.facebook.com/MDJuanjeeps
Xamon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tried poking around your webpage. everything except the front page seems to be either broken or blocked. Can't look at parts etc. and can't get the contacts page either to send to your webmaster.
RommelJuan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

our website is on the fritz...we're working on it

All for one at MDJuan!

RommelJuan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The M38 door frames and Canadian style License plate holders are now available thru MDJuan dealers. please call them about it.

All for one at MDJuan!

RommelJuan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I'm kind of surprised and a bit disappointed that people haven't ordered these items from Ron or Daryl yet.

I thought you guys needed this?

All for one at MDJuan!

RommelJuan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI!

I made a new thread reporting about the improvements done on our MB and GPW tubs based on inputs from G503

Check it out!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=224062&p=1315568#p1315568

Cheers,
Rommel Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

All for one at MDJuan!

pickle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good stuff going on here!

I was just wondering about the front of the toolbox piece with the "Jeep" script on it...is there any chance you can make a replacement piece that could sold as a repair? I would be interested definitely.

I also wonder if it could have the lip for doing the spot welds to the floor? thanks

I will retake the front licence plate holder picture with measurements if anyone is interested. This is the one that is bolted to the bottom of the bumper and has a hinge so that the plate can fold back when not needed.

cheers,
rgmutchler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rommel,
I posted some issues I had with the lower cowls MD Juan makes. You responded in April and private messaged me. At the time, as I replied, we were on the road and I was unable to look through what we both had written. I am now home and had time to review each of our information. Please forgive my tardiness.

1. "Height of the lower cowls"

Rommel's response
Action:
"It is now corrected, the height of the panel now 14 5/8” (same as the original.)"

I am glad that you were able to determine that height needed to be corrected and are doing so. Unfortunately when we purchase these parts we don't know whether we are getting the new and improved version or the old version. Does MD Juan mark there parts in any way so we can specify that we want the corrected part?

2. "Step is made wrong."

Rommel's response
"The step is actually made correctly but we just put a little allowance on the hat channels so that the user has some leeway and be able to do adjustments."

I will stand by my statement. On the 2 cowls I bought the steps are not the same shape as the original. You said that you gave a little extra on your hat channels for fitment. I am not using your hat channels but an NOS floorboard that I installed. It and the original are exactly the same in the length, height, and angle of the hat channel. Now it may be that the thing I mentioned above about the version of the part making a difference. I have no way of knowing how old the lower cowls I bought were or when they were manufactured. Mine might not be indicative of what you are currently producing. I purchased mine 18 mo ago and I have no way of knowing how long they sat in the suppliers warehouse prior to my purchase.

3. The gusset for the upper corner where the fender bolts is attached making it hard to properly to fit the panel with the firewall.

Rommel's response
"We really do a little hammering on the lip portion of the gusset that connects with the firewall."

I again stand by my opinion that the gusset in the top corner of the lower cowl should not be installed but included to be welded in by the ultimate user. This would facilitate the ease in marking and drilling the hole for the wipers and since it goes over the edge or flange of the firewall would make that fitment
easier to obtain.

To bring up another point. This gusset has no hole cut in it for the wiper line the original gusset has such a hole that is flanged. I notice that in your response post "dated April 19th". You show pictures of two lower cowls. The first one appears similar to the ones I purchased. The upper gusset is installed on the cowl but there is no hole in it for the wiper line. The second picture, 2 below the first, shows a picture of a lower cowl with a hole for the wiper in the gusset and in the cowl ( the hole in the gusset is not flanged as is the original). This picture was posted to show the new lower cowl support. Based on this picture will you be manufacturing a lower cowl support with the gusset attached and holes drilled for the wiper line in the future and will you be redesigning the gusset to match the original as said you are going to do with the cowl support?

4." The original panels, in fact the whole top portion of the jeep body had a lip that is bent down into a U shape and then another piece of U shaped channel is pushed or secured into the channel that finishes off the top of the panels."

Rommel's response
" We install a “U” shaped stiffener attached inside of the upper side panel.”

Again maybe I am dealing with an older lower cowl section. It has no stiffener in the upper channel. I have never purchased one of your quarter panels so I have no knowledge of them.

5. MD Juan attaches the cowl support that fits up under the upper cowl. The support does not look the same as the original and I think the fact that it is attached at the factory inhibits fitting the part.

Rommels response
" We will implement the correct cowl support based from the original on our next production."

I am glad that you are matching the design of the original lower cowl supports. It is a change that will make the replacement panels look better. I do however stand by my opinion that they should be separate from the cowl and installed by the final user.

6. Lastly but very important the angle of the front edge of the cowl where it is supposed to meet the fender is wrong. If you bolt up at the top the gap at the bottom seems to be about 3/16 to ¼ inch. I compared it to poster board templates I made of the side of the jeep before I started taking it apart and to the original cowl.

Rommel's response
" We now assure the 105 degree correct stamped angle of the bend based from the standard ."

Again I am glad you are able to change your manufacturing process to correct this flaw.

Rommel I appreciate MD Juan's attitude in correcting or adjusting what they agree with and the effort to improve your product. While I don't plan on doing another Jeep restoration, M38 or any other, MD Juan's attempts to provide true reproduction parts will be a benefit to anyone that decides to restore one of these in the future. Since there are plenty of parts out there that do not have these improvements, what questions should we ask our suppliers to make sure we are getting the new improved version? I have also noted that you seem to have initiated two new products, a M38 door frame and a license plate holder. It is a credit to your company that you have made the financial commitment based on consumer imput. I hope that your commitment is rewarded with orders.
http://willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=rgmutchler&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
pickle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rommel:

any chance on the front of the tool box with the script?
RommelJuan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes we make that.

pickle wrote:
Rommel:

any chance on the front of the tool box with the script?

All for one at MDJuan!

pickle

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you have it for sale already, and if so is it your distributors, or from you?
RommelJuan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are available through our distributors.

Let me know if you are interested I can do a special arrangement with our distributor so we can add all your special requests for the tub.

Cheers,
Rommel

All for one at MDJuan!

pickle

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very interested and will buy one...I do need to know the dimensions, does it include the lip for spot welding, and how much.

thank you for the reply.

btw which is your distributors....do you deal with anyone in Canada (willys acres comes to mind, or Army surplus.)

thank you
RommelJuan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

please email us at sales.mdjuan@gmail.com for more info.

pickle wrote:
I am very interested and will buy one...I do need to know the dimensions, does it include the lip for spot welding, and how much.

thank you for the reply.

btw which is your distributors....do you deal with anyone in Canada (willys acres comes to mind, or Army surplus.)

thank you

All for one at MDJuan!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> M Series Parts Supply & Service Review All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: