Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

1952 M38 converting to 12V
M38A1 Slave Bucket location
M274 A3 Mule For Sale
flywheel advice
conversion from a 12 volt system back to a 24 volt system
M151 A2 + M416 Trailer For Sale
M38 ignition points condensor
TM9-8015-1 Clarification
Wiper motor...which is the correct one?
Lead additive, one more question.

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - MD Juan Improved M38A1 Fuel Tank Questions for Rommel Juan
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MD Juan Improved M38A1 Fuel Tank Questions for Rommel Juan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> M Series Parts Supply & Service Review
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STXM38A1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: MD Juan Improved M38A1 Fuel Tank Questions for Rommel Juan Reply with quote

Hey Rommel:

Bump -- This original message appeared on page 2 of the "Hello from the Philippines....." thread, but received no response, so I've edited to try again.

I've seen your info on the new and improved M38A1 fuel tank. [Link below]
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa90/romski123/ProductImprovementM38A1GasTank.jpg

A couple of questions, if you don't mind:

1. Will the standard military NOS Filler Tube Strainer (see Item EE below) fit properly in the improved model?

2. Will the improved version have the three spot welded clips attached? (1 ea Item A for holding the fuel line; and 2 ea Item G for holding the Sending Unit wire) [See Wes' Photo Below]

Edit added:
Oilleaker1 wrote in the G503 M38A1 message board ----

Quote:
Re: New and Improved MDJuan M38A1 Gas Tank

by Oilleaker1 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:48 pm

Rommel, I bought one of your "old" M38A1 tanks. Paid 400.00 for it and after soldering in my old filler neck, I sold it for 200.00 and licked my wounds. The filler should have a lip for the filter screen to sit on at the bottom. There should be a clip point for the cap chain. The sender holes were clocked wrong. The sender was located incorrectly and the hold down strap ran right into it. The location of the fuel filter/fuel pickup was wrong and the fuel line and vent line had to be extended to re-attach. When all was corrected, the seat would not bolt to the floor because the tank was too tall. I needed at least 3/8 of an inch less in tank height. That height wrecked it all and I gave up. Your diagram still shows the tank too high and the filler insides are still with no lip. Don't have a clue if you corrected the rest. Anyone else have something to tell him????????? John

Thanks for some feedback, Smile

PHOTO ALBUM:
http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=album33&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
oilleaker1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warren, I got lucky and found a NOS A1 tank on ebay for 300 bucks. It bolted in and I was done so fast I laughed. I returned the lines to where they were. No issues---------fabulous. I'd hold out for a original. John
STXM38A1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on that NOS find! Thanks for the advice.

PHOTO ALBUM:
http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=album33&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
wilfreeman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that is a great find! For the price they want for these repop tanks, they should install themselves! It took me an extra 3 or 4 hours of work to get mine to barely fit - strap and filler neck will never be right.
'51 USMC M100 trailer, '54 M100 trailer, '90 M101a1 trailer
Http://wilfreeman.wordpress.com (M38a1 build blog)
http://m38a1usmc.wordpress.com (USMC M38a1 rebuild blog)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
RommelJuan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just saw this now. Will revert soon. Smile

All for one at MDJuan!

https://www.facebook.com/MDJuanjeeps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> M Series Parts Supply & Service Review All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: