Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Battery cut off in motor compartment?
Cross Member Radiator Tabs
WTB M38 distributor breaker plate tabs
Hodakaguy M38 Misc Thread
1950 M38 no reading on the dash amp meter
Transfer Case rebuild issues
Zerks causing trouble.
1952 M38 converting to 12V
M38A1 Slave Bucket location
M274 A3 Mule For Sale

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - M38 BODY TUB---SOLD !!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M38 BODY TUB---SOLD !!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hillbilly21

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: M38 BODY TUB---SOLD !! Reply with quote

MAN WENT WITH A REPOP HERE IT IS PRICE AND LOCATION IN DESCRIPTION

http://hillbillystoys.phanfare.com/6482315

Last edited by hillbilly21 on Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
G740

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Tub Reply with quote

With all due respect, the guy is nuts. Two of my front floors and a hat channel kit and he has repaired original tub, made the way it is supposed be. He lowered the value of his jeep significantly by putting a compromised copy.
John
hillbilly21

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CANT ARGUE WITH THAT JOHN...MAN BROUGHT ME A TUB SAID TO SELL HIS..YOU KNOW THE DEAL... CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT !!

AND YES HE IS NUTS Rolling Eyes
Xamon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man if it was closer... my tub is toast. probably cost as much again in shipping...
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say John is right on.

Hillbilly's tub

This is the tub I didn't use but still have:

This is the tub I did use:

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
pickle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question on value....how much does the value or resale value change if you do use use different M38 tub, just not the one that was original to the jeep? Or does it really matter as the parts were swapped so much that we would never know what was original anyways, so an M38 tub would be no different> .

as I wire wheeel away, I can see that either M38 tub I use is going to be work, just if the original meant more value it may sway me to do the little extra work required. This may change as I get further into taking out the rust right now.

thanks guys,
Myles
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For non-Canadian jereps. If there were a way to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that any part of any of our jeeps was original from Willys installed on this specific jeep, then it would make good sense for a factory resto to try to use those parts. Remember the two serial tags are screwed on. There are no welded tags or engraved numbers. It is easier to prove a part is not original to a specific jeep. The only thing a factory class restorer can do is make sure the parts he has were made by Willys/Kaiser or one of their vendors and make sure it's the correct dated part. Dated meaning when there is a production change at a specific serial then make sure the part configuration for your serial is on the jeep.

As for repop tin parts a repop tub is easy to spot and yes it will detract from your selling price. How much depends on how well you adapted the tub to your jeep, the needs of the buyer and the attitude of the buyer. The best choice is always try to use the Willys/Kaiser built tub. The repop is an absolute last resort. If you cannot do body work then get an estimate to repair the original tub before you plop down several thousand on a repop tub.

For Canadian contract jeeps I left an opening to say they usually have the CAR # stamped on the frame rail by the service. This only assures you the frame is most likely an original frame to that CAR number but you still have the serial number problem since we can only narrow down the cross reference from CAR # to serial number by a few numbers.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
RickC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an original tub in ri free to anyone that wants it....
Rick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> For Sale All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: