Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Wiper motor...which is the correct one?
Lead additive, one more question.
M31C mount with or without replica weapon
Backfire and Hesitation
Wanted: Steering column and shaft for M38-1952, or late CJ2A
2024 CT. MILITARY VEHICLE SHOW AND FLEA MARKET- JUNE 15,2024
Brake Line
How to link full size photos in posts
Clutch release bearing support cast tab for return spring
T90 case replacement required?

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - M606a2 in Uganda
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M606a2 in Uganda

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Jeep Project Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Afriglenn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:07 am    Post subject: M606a2 in Uganda Reply with quote

Hi all I've just aquired a ( probably) m606 a2 here in Uganda its a canadian built 1966 model and it's in need of some TLC ! I'll be picking brains as I go so watch out !
As soon as I've worked it out ill post pictures .. It seems a long winded process so it will probably be photobucket or some such ..... Watch this space."..........." Thanks
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Canadians produced many standard CJ5's that were used all over the world as UN jeeps painted primarily white or light blue over the years. I am not aware of any Canadian built M606 series jeeps. This series was built entirely by Willys and Kaiser for slight use by the US military but it's primary market were third world countires and they were usually distributed under the MAP (Military Assistance Program)

If you do in fact have a US Built M606A2 or A3 then these are the manuals that apply to them:

This manual supplements the manual below.

This is the basic civilian CJ3B, CJ5, CJ6 service manual

Spec sheet for M606A2 (This is a 12 volt CJ5 with some mods for military use)

Spec sheet for the M606A3. (This is a 12 volt CJ5 with some mods for military use and an auxilliary 24 volt electrical system to power radio sets.)

You would use any of the civilian CJ5 parts manuals that covered your jeeps year of production.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
Afriglenn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi wes , well it's all coming to gether slowly , I should get delivery this weekend , it's serial no. 8305024 then 263???H numbers missing due to damage . Engine number L-10176. It has overload coil springs in the rear , and no indent for the top bow set , so cj5 ? its also got the tropical screen .. There are archive pictures of president Idi Amin driving cj5 in military spec and there was certainly a few M606's in the convoy pictures . BUT this is blue over white over rust .. I'll start stripping and see if I can't find green paint under a bolt or something Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Jeep Project Threads All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: