Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

M38 Radio Power Cable/Connector
Wanted to buy - C-375/VRC
Battery cut off in motor compartment?
Cross Member Radiator Tabs
WTB M38 distributor breaker plate tabs
Hodakaguy M38 Misc Thread
1950 M38 no reading on the dash amp meter
Transfer Case rebuild issues
Zerks causing trouble.
1952 M38 converting to 12V

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - Making Progress
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Making Progress

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Announcements, News, Humor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Galen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Making Progress Reply with quote

Okay, wanted to share the progress, feel like it's finally beginning to come together & I might someday get to drive this rig!

http://1947cj2a.mypicgallery.com/

Bolted down the tub this weekend, installed & weather sealed the floor panels, tailgate & steering, & a host of other small pieces finally got attached.

Now let me do some explaining about this jeep, & if you are a purist, please recognize that I do have another Jeep, an M38A1, that will be an accurate restoration. This particular Jeep I picked up from a distant cousin in Snowball, AR for next to nothing, as you can see the original condition in the pictures. It was a 1947 CJ2A chasis with civilian fenders, grill, hood & windshield, but had an exeptionally undamaged M38 tub.

Considering that the tub was the only military item on the Jeep, I decided that I liked the benefits of the military tub with respect of the accessibility to the drive train as well as being on a very tight budget & kept it. This jeep may end up looking very similar to an M38, as I've acquired a few military parts (windshield, etc.), but it will not ever be presented as a military restoration, or even as a civilian restoration, as this jeep is the assembly of about 4 other jeeps in addition to the original chasis. This jeep will be as good as new when we are finished, just not a historically accurate restoration. I am terribly proud of the job on this Jeep that I've gotten to do with my Dad's involvement. Hope guys enjoy the pics & thanks for all the tips I've learned from postings here & on the G.

Ryan/Wes, if my picture posting doesn't work, I tried to post the first & last pictures of the gallery.

[img]javascript: SpecWin('http://www.mypicgallery.com/mpg/Original.aspx?g=781622&i=' + originalImageName[document.OriginalImagePopUpForm.fPhotoIndex.value] + '.jpg', 'newWindow', 'scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,width=400,height=340');[/img]

[img]javascript: SpecWin('http://www.mypicgallery.com/mpg/Original.aspx?g=781622&i=' + originalImageName[document.OriginalImagePopUpForm.fPhotoIndex.value] + '.jpg', 'newWindow', 'scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,width=400,height=340');[/img]
[/img]
Ryan_Miller
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Progress is great Galen!

It is always inspiring to see someone move forward with thier project. Cool

Rick_L

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Is that a yellow CJ I see in the background of the picture of the frame getting sandblasted?
Galen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, actually an M38A1 that had been painted yellow by a state government department.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Announcements, News, Humor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: