Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Compression testing results.
Rear brake cyclinder compatability
T90 inspection before action?
M38 Radio Power Cable/Connector
Wanted to buy - C-375/VRC
Battery cut off in motor compartment?
Cross Member Radiator Tabs
WTB M38 distributor breaker plate tabs
Hodakaguy M38 Misc Thread
1950 M38 no reading on the dash amp meter

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - PTO setup for jeep
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PTO setup for jeep

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dozenjeeps

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:27 am    Post subject: PTO setup for jeep Reply with quote

I have a complete pto setup for a jeep, at least I think its complete, I got it when I bought a CJ2A to restore, any idea what its worth to sell?? appreciate any comments...will email pics to anyone interested..[/url]
jam51m38cdn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would like to see what you have , send to jamesamccall1958@att.net
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those PTO set-ups that are for use with front mounted winches are: A complete military M38/M38A1 Ramsey 105 PTO with shafts, joints and bearing pillar is worth $850 to $1500. The Civvy Ramsey set-up is worth $500 to $800. The Koenigs are worth $300 to $800 with the high end for the twin sticks. Which do you have?

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
TomM

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: pto winch Reply with quote

There is a complete CJ5 civilian PTO setup with Ramsey winch (not m38) on the cj5 page for under $700.
It also has the overdrive adapter so you can use an OD and PTO.
Tom
dozenjeeps

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: PTO setup for jeep Reply with quote

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the comments, I have about 10 jeeps and a couple of Military trucks and try to find parts and restore them, and this site is the best out of the ones I have been checking for info... you guys are better than any manual that a guy owns... Everything a person wants to find out can be answered in no time here.....GREAT site!!!!!
dozenjeeps

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: PTO setup for jeep Reply with quote

Forgot to mention the winch is a Ramsey 953 or 958 as I am not sure of the third number, it has one shifting stick and the pto shaft and then some type of gear box on the end.. can't figure out how to post a pic, but if you need one I will send it just email me at neuby47@hotmail.com thanks again
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello _______________?

Here's the link to your photo album on our albums page. Just open your album select "add a photo" and browse your computer and load what you want.

Posting your name and Location (just state is fine) helps everyone and makes for a more friendly environment.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
dozenjeeps

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: PTO setup for jeep Reply with quote

Thanks, I am from Forestville, wisconsin just north of Algoma, what part of Wisconsin are you at.... thanks again..
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holcombe, 40 miles north of Eau Claire

dozenjeeps

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:42 am    Post subject: PTO setup for jeep Reply with quote

OK, THANKS and really enjoy your site... keep up the good work..
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you fly as well. I am a light aircraft driver as well.

dozenjeeps

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: PTO setup for jeep Reply with quote

Yeah its been alot of years back in the early 80's I had a 170 taildragger Cessna and a couple of fixed wing ultralights a t-bird single place that was brand new and a Adventura that was like a 2 seat PBY... Almost got killed a couple times and now since 99 I have been for a while a instructor on powered parachutes... I now just have a single place one and then I am not responsible for anyone else anymore, noticed as I get older my depth perception is not as good and that sucks when you come in for a landing!!! but I guess you would know that.. what do you fly???. I still love a nice calm day morning or night is the best... I reallly am choosy on nice weather now to fly as it is strictly for fun anyway...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> For Sale All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: