Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Wiper motor...which is the correct one?
Lead additive, one more question.
M31C mount with or without replica weapon
Backfire and Hesitation
Wanted: Steering column and shaft for M38-1952, or late CJ2A
2024 CT. MILITARY VEHICLE SHOW AND FLEA MARKET- JUNE 15,2024
Brake Line
How to link full size photos in posts
Clutch release bearing support cast tab for return spring
T90 case replacement required?

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - My New M100 with some Potential History
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My New M100 with some Potential History

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> M100 & other 1/4 T trailers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coolpool

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:51 am    Post subject: My New M100 with some Potential History Reply with quote

I just picked up this US Army Dunbar-Kapple M100 with all data plates dated 12/51 complete with a few bubba mods. It's rust free but has seen some metal work done in the right rear corner. It even has a rebuild tag from the "Oppamma Ordanance Depot" 1957. It seems the Depot in Oppamma, Japan was in existence to rebuild equipment rounded up from WWII and the Korean Conflict from 1947 to 1958. I plan to replace the lunette, landing leg and casting, install some NOS lights and change the intervehicle cable to the hard wired version. The tires should be 7.00 x 16.00 also I believe. The ones on it are too nice to swap out right now. Would they be period correct tires, just wondering? I have the customs document that shows this trailer was shipped to Canada from Great Britian in 1989, so who knows how it got there in the first place? Maybe it was brought back to England from Korea with a British Unit? I have uploaded 8 pictures in my gallery. I'll try to move them on to the post Shocked

My apologies for the size of the photos, I'll try to do something better.

http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=album455&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
MVPA #36514
4x4M38

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pete!
Great looking trailer!

Are you needing a tail light bracket?

I may have one:
http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10442
http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=album372&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
coolpool

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up Brian, I'll keep that bracket in mind if one of the ones I'm getting is wrecked. I've been promised all the lights, cables, brackets and landing leg plus mount from a M100 Cdn for free from a farmer friend. He won't sell me the trailer because he uses it to tow behind his ATV Sad I may have to buy him an ATV trailer and trade.
MVPA #36514
coolpool

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:48 am    Post subject: Blue Paint? Reply with quote

I was wondering if the US Army ever used blue paint on their equipment? I've noticed some of the brush on paint chipping and it appears that there's a shade of light (UN?) blue under it. I suspect it to be a bubba job but anything is possible I guess.
MVPA #36514
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

USAF units would have used the dark strata blue. The only lighter blue on US units would have been Coast Guard. Any old US Coast Guard Stations in the Cold Lake area? In England it may have been a surplus unit sold there off a US facility. Or it may have been used by NATO and then surplused out. What is the serial number?

Increase your photo's file size to 200K.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
coolpool

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I'll try to work on my photos. I'm working from a MAC at home so it may have to wait until I'm back at work. My guess is that's it's a civilian paint job. Here's another question/observation; I was able to get all my missing pieces from a M100 Cdn to replace my landing leg, lunette, light brackets and wiring harness. I remember the harness being a real pain to get through the holes on the M100 Cdn due to there being two very close large cross members before and aft of the shock. This trailer has only one hole in one cross member so it was very easy to re-thread the harness. I thought these trailers were almost exactly the same except for data plates and the Cdn one had the document holder on the front inside the tub.

Wes, did you get the M100 registry email with pics from me? I was having trouble with the sizing and wonder if they made it?

The serial number is 00001025
MVPA #36514
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> M100 & other 1/4 T trailers All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: