Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

M38 Radio Power Cable/Connector
Wanted to buy - C-375/VRC
Battery cut off in motor compartment?
Cross Member Radiator Tabs
WTB M38 distributor breaker plate tabs
Hodakaguy M38 Misc Thread
1950 M38 no reading on the dash amp meter
Transfer Case rebuild issues
Zerks causing trouble.
1952 M38 converting to 12V

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - M38 Routing of fuel lines from tank
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M38 Routing of fuel lines from tank

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sergeantfirkus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: M38 Routing of fuel lines from tank Reply with quote

I'm getting close to mounting the replacement fuel tank and wanted to know if someone had pictures of where the fuel line routes along the frame from the tank to the fuel pump.
Any idea how much clearance should normally be between the top of the fuel tank and under side of the seat frame where the line from the pickup tube comes across?
Thanks,
Greg V.
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to my MC Fuel system photo album and look at the last 8 photos.

http://mcfuelsystem.mypicgallery.com/

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
sergeantfirkus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Wes!

The picture of the line under the tub answered my questions on routing that line.

Do you have a picture of the fuel line coming over the top of the fuel tank and bending around the back, maybe a picture taken from the right rear looking at the back of the tank?

I'm not exactly sure how that line is bent. Is it like an "S" to go around the top lip of the tank and down thru the gromment and connect to the 90º fitting?

Greg V.
gamillerman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Fuel Line Reply with quote

If you go to my photo album (Gamillerman); I added 4 photos of the fuel line coming out of the tank. Its just the lines since mine is currently all tore down. The first pic is the line from the tank through the body. The 2en and 3rd is the main fuel line coming up to meet the 90 fitting from the line coming from the tank. The 4th shows the slight offset of the line coming out the the top of the tank. Look at these photos and then at the diagram in the SNL parts listing for the M38 and you will get a good idea of what it looks like. Hope this helps.

Last edited by gamillerman on Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
sergeantfirkus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gamillerman, thanks for posting the pictures. Along with Wes' I've got a pretty good idea how it routes.

Any ideas where one can find the insulation that goes over the lines to make them look like the originals? I'm planning on bending/flaring my own.

Greg V.
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's called loom and several vendors carry it. I believe Hal has a line on a source and I believe Vintage Wiring of Main is also a vendor.

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
OKCM38CDN

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get the loom from Reproduction Specialties in different sizes... Size for the fuel lines is 1/4" they sell it by the foot...

I have some also, 3/16" I use for the coppr vent lines that I make for folks that need them...

Let me know...
sergeantfirkus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hal:
I just started making up the lines. It really is alot of work to bend and douple flare the vent steel lines! I found some suitable "loom" from McMaster. So I'll put that on the list. Thanks for the Restoration Specialties tip, they sure have lots of little bits knotheads like me always seem to be looking for!

Greg V.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: