Create an account Home  ·  ·  Forums  ·  ·  Articles  ·  ·  Downloads  ·  ·  Photo Gallery  
Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one here.

Navigation
· Home
· Article Archive
· Article Submit
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Members List
· Photo Gallery
· Private Messages
· Web Links
· Your Account

Search Articles

Forums

Compression testing results.
Rear brake cyclinder compatability
T90 inspection before action?
M38 Radio Power Cable/Connector
Wanted to buy - C-375/VRC
Battery cut off in motor compartment?
Cross Member Radiator Tabs
WTB M38 distributor breaker plate tabs
Hodakaguy M38 Misc Thread
1950 M38 no reading on the dash amp meter

Willys M Jeeps Forums

willysmjeeps.com :: View topic - CJ winch in a M38A1?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CJ winch in a M38A1?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdog

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: CJ winch in a M38A1? Reply with quote

I can get a junked 1976 CJ5 with an inline 6cyl,3 speed trans, and one lever transfer case with a pto driven ramsey winch. The winch was controled by a push pull cable mounted to the dash. Will any of this PTO and winch transfer to a 1964 M38A1? I seem to have read somewhere it will not but would appreciate any comments.
wesk
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to make the winch work. The single stick is probably a center output and won't line up with the rear axle pumpkin anyway. You can sell the rest and buy a Ramsey or Koenig front drive PTO and shaft. Where are you located? I could make a home for the six and the AMC tranny/transfer. Is the six a 232 or 258?

Mjeeps photo album: http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
mdog

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: all I know Reply with quote

This jeep is on a farm equipment auction in Wagram, N.C. this saturday(March 1). The windshield has 1976 written on it, it has no title or radiator, and the body has bad rust all over. I just took a brief look and don't know anymore about the engine. I could not see well enough underneath to see the details of the transfer case or pto. It does look like a factory pto and winch setup and not a bubba modification. The winch does have a data plate with model and serial# and some other info. It has a hard cab that just covers the front seats and has hard doors. Decals in the cab gave me the impression that it was used in an industrial, security, or utility type of work. It is not a model 50R winch. My first impression is that the winch and pto is the only value but the engine and powertrain might be. I don't have time to look Thurs or Friday and am undecided about going to the sale.
hillbilly21

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: winch Reply with quote

http://jeepsofold.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album28
Post new topic   Reply to topic    willysmjeeps.com Forum Index -> Technical Knowledge Base All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: